Fleet Stores Labourer
Competition Number: RC 2013 0020
Close Date: April 2, 2013
Rate of Pay: Probationary rate $17.38 to Qualified rate $19.99
The City of Spruce Grove is looking for a person that is interested in growing there career in the Assets department. Starting in a position where you will gain grass root experience. Reporting to the Supervisor of Fleet this position will be the support to the Mechanics and technicians, as well as administration support for the general office duties in the shop for the Assets department.
The successful candidate will:
- Complete general shop duties including: cleaning of parts for technicians, cleaning vehicles prior to maintenance, minor repairs and servicing work under direction of authorized technicians.
- Maintain the parts inventory control – ordering parts, pick up of parts, inventory input, assigning parts to repair orders.
- Provide administration support in the office by maintaining work orders and unit files.
- Maintain general shop cleanliness
Applicants are required to have:
- High school diploma plus the skills requirement to apply for an apprenticeship application.
- Previous shop experience –(example - RAP program)
- Mechanical aptitude
The applicant must have a valid Alberta class 5 driver’s license.
This position is part of the IUOE Local 955.
A comprehensive benefit package that is paid 100% by the employer is provided.
For more information go to www.sprucegrove.org
Spruce Grove is a fast-growing, dynamic city and is committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our...