Detachment Clerk- RCMP
Competition Number: RC 2013 0017
Close Date: April 2, 2013
Salary Range: $41,393- $56,540
The successful candidate must obtain an Enhanced Security Clearance and a Community Peace Officer appointment through the Alberta Peace Officer Program prior to starting which may take 3-4 months. Start Date will be no earlier than September 1, 2013
This position includes a comprehensive benefit package, 100% paid by the employer.
The duties of this position will encompass every aspect of the detachment. The successful candidate will perform duties which will give the individual a vast amount of knowledge of the required work in the detachment.
Under the direction of the Municipal Supervisor, the successful candidate will:
- Be first point of contact for customers as walk in clients or by phone.
- Providing administrative/operational support to the Detachment.
- Operate radio equipment: maintain information on radio communications and relay emergency information to officers; execute the prompt dispatch of required emergency services .
- Court duty as required.
- Any additional duties delegated by the Municipal Supervisor.
Applicants are required to have:
- Post secondary education preferred in legal terminology and court judiciary processes. Other related education or training applicable to this position would be an asset.
- Minimum of 65 words per minute typing with not more than a 5% error rate; legible penmanship and concise spelling to accurately record facts.
- Strong communication skills to deal with diverse individuals and groups of people.
- The ability to multi-task, function well in high pressure and volatile situations. Must be able to deal with emergencies and unexpected incidents calmly and effectively.
- Must have the necessary skills to work in a team environment and readily adapt to change.
Knowledge in P.R.O.S. and C.P.I.C would be considered an asset.
This fulltime position will be required to work shift hours and weekends.
for more details of the position go to www.sprucegrove.org