Community Peace Officer
Competition Number: RC 2013 0023
Close Date: April 2, 2013
Salary Range: $54,452- $74,111
The Community Peace Officer will preserve and maintain the public peace by enforcing the bylaws of the City of Spruce Grove and Provincial Statutes to which they are empowered.
The successful candidate will:
- Enforce the bylaws of the City of Spruce Grove and Provincial statutes.
- Respond to and investigate complaints and enquiries.
- Deliver pro-active prevention and education programs to schools and community groups
- Liaise with and assist the RCMP and other external agencies in the area of crime prevention, law enforcement, accident reporting, found property, public education and public safety.
- Assist in the drafting of required bylaws, review policy documents and administer any statutory regulations, court procedures and other related policy documents
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- A post-secondary education in law enforcement.
- Minimum of three years experience in the law enforcement field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Community Peace Officer Level 1 Status, be bonded and have Standard First Aid and CPR training.
The successful candidate will undergo an Enhanced Reliability Check and hold a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License.
This position is a 40 hour work week that will requires shift work that involves evening, weekends and stat holidays. It also includes a comprehensive benefit package, 100 per cent employer paid.
for more information go to www.sprucegrove.org
Spruce Grove is a fast-growing, dynamic city and is committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our...