Application Support Analyst
Competition number: RC 2013 0003 Salary range: $61,051 - $83,029
Close date: Feb. 18, 2013
As an application support analyst, you will implement new systems and provide support, administration and maintenance of existing systems. You will also provide staff training, test system upgrades and provide business reports as required.
Reporting to the Director of Information Systems the successful candidate will:
- Provide specialized support to analyze application issues, diagnose and find their root cause, and resolve or escalate the issue as required.
- Become an expert on the functionality of a variety of applications in order to provide primary
support and problem resolution.
- Participate in Information Systems projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A diploma or degree in the field of computer science or information systems.
- A minimum of five years working in a role of an application support specialist.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desk-top applications.
- Strong business analysis ability and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases and the use of T-SQL query language.
- Experience with trouble shooting principles and issue resolution techniques.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages and techniques, including Microsoft Windows.Net, C#, SSRS/SSIS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Core technical areas are software development, Microsoft SQL, Business Analysis, Project Management and experience with Microsoft Windows operating system platforms.
Major applications to be supported by the candidate are: Active Network Program Registration
and Facility Booking system, City View Electronic Permitting system and the WorkTech Service Manager system.
This full-time position includes a comprehensive benefit package, 100 per cent employer paid.