City of Saskatoon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
gym supervisor
Activity Leader (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 8, 2016
Easy work but with only 4 hours given per week or even 2 weeks this is super unsustainable for serious workers. The pay is slightly above average with decent benefits surprisingly.
Fun
Labourer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 1, 2016
Working outside and being involved with different Saskatoon communities was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the City of Saskatoon and would definitely work there again.
Easy and stress-free work environement
Building custodian (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 5, 2015
Pros: Being a part of the union
Cons: Not enough work hours
Great place, job is not hard at all, great co-workers, flexible schedule, union membership, great work environment, health benefits
Productive, respectable workplace
Utility Operations and Staff (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Get to know the city more and how things are handled.
A grat deal of work making sure the city is running well, devoid of hazards, accidents and problematic issues. Quick responce to arising issues be it natural or man caused.
Productive, important work
Engineering Technician (Surveyor) (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 16, 2015
Pros: discounts on civic centre memberships
Cons: public are mildly hostile to city workers
Went out with surveyors to various contract sites around the city to ensure contractors were up to engineering standards. Mostly road-work, ensuring that sewer and storm pipes were put in place properly, but dealt with land development a little too.
Well-organized, fun and casual workplace among the surveyors.
Fun and productive
Full Time since Sept. 2011 (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 15, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Nothing.
Fun to be with all the other lifeguards and swimming teachers. need to be a good roll model for the public as we are always in public eye. always busy doing something, never a dull moment at any of the city facilities.
Building and Groounds (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 13, 2015
Pros: four ten hour shifts
Cons: pay is not enough
I enjoy my current position at the city, the kinship I have with coworker and supervisor makes my job easier and it is a great place to work. The work that I do maintaining the water treatment is different on a daily bases as it could be as easy as emptying out the truck to working on the pump system. I enjoy working for the city due to the advancement and training, it is just the salary.
City of Saskatoon
Clerk Steno - 8 (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great salary, and EDO's
Cons: Paying for parking everyday
I love my job and all the great people I work with. However, I was hired for a Temp Position for 3 months. I have been extended month by month with no sense of security. I have been told by many (including my Supervisor that I'm doing a great job. She said that she would love to keep me, if she could. I have been applying for every position that I think relates to my experience. I would really like to continue my employment here with The City of Saskatoon, I'm just feeling discouraged by the seniority, and hiring policies.
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 30, 2015
The City of Saskatoon i s a great employer. They provide opportunities for advancement and have employees best interests in mind when creating programs. Flexible schedules make life easy to manage.
it was grate atmoshphere to work here.
Planning Technologist (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2015
I learned new software for engineering Design. co-workers helped me lot initially to learn the work properly.I enjoyed lot to work with government projects.
Great place to work, though policies can get out of hand at times.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great supervisors, co-workers and atmosphere.
Cons: dealing with patrons at times deemed difficult.
I really enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. I had a lot of fun with them. Having the responsibility to be professional took its toll at times, as patrons expected different responses as I was inclined to give. Sometimes I did not receive adequate information on how to deal with certain situations, but in these times I had a respectful supervisor to aid me. All in all, a great work experience.
Helpful and friendly work place
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
It was a valuable experience as an intern student to work with the city. Everyone at work was friendly and always willing to help or point me toward the right direction for it. The work environment and culture were great with some flexibility. It was an enjoyable and eye opening experience to talked to some of the senior engineers and learned from their experience.
Good benefits, fun people
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 11, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: pay is sometimes lower than industry
4 day work week is awesome, good experience.
good people.
learned how to troubleshoot and read electrical drawings well.
it was one of my first jobs and i got paid weekly.
Building Custodian (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 13, 2014
I was moved around a lot with this company but it within the plant.
Labourer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 5, 2014
Pros: close to my home
I worked for a good company good all around experience. I learned a lot about different types of equipment how to change oil and grease them up my co-workers were friendly I worker by myself and always got my job done on time it was a good experience.
Great Leaning Opportunity
Support Service Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits and wage
Cons: poor management
City of Saskatoon allowed for me to build my skills in management to better further myself.
My days varied - no day was the same with what was needed to be done.
The management was not always clear as to what they wanted from their team.
Co-workers were great, often stressed and overworked.
The hardest part of the job was the management
The most enjoyable part were the co-workers.
good work
Painter (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SkJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: long hours
I really enjoyed it the staff was friendly, I learn't how to paint and powder coat,and seeing the boss smiled
good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 23, 2013
Pros: free coffee
9 to 5pm workday
how to be organized
time management
very friendly
I never had any problem going to work.I liked my job.
lead arborist /trainer (Former Employee), Parks urban forestry ave. p yardsJuly 16, 2013
Pros: verry secure
Cons: to many jobs at one time. fractured.
I made my owe work ,I learned, see a need , then fill that need.Your job will be a lot more fun.Management they worked hard ,very political,not much fun for them.The workers where the full range, very good to useless.the hardest part is the politics.Allways learning.
Just what the example says, fun and productive and we do have a ping-pong table.
Equipment Operator, labourer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day at work for the city of Saskatoon starts at 7 am and ends at 4:04 pm. It starts off with a tool box meeting and orders given out on what our duties are for the day. We are usually assigned with partners to work with and the jobs could be in any part of the city with whatever machine we may be alotted. Every day is a learning experience for example, learning how to use machinery in a landscaping operation. As for management, they are very good and knowledgable. They are always on hand if we need assistance or are in need of anything. All the co-workers get along and if anything did come up the supervisors and their higher-ups are on it right away.The hardest part of the job- well their is no hard part as long as you know what you are doing and enjoy it. I enjoy operating.