City of Saskatoon Employee Reviews

Productive an fun work place
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 March 2017
Normal working day except few days. More experience on how to intereact with the community/public and contractor. Ability to manage assigned project effectively. Hardest part of the job is when one have to work on various weather conditions. Workplace culture is wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is when one have to share experience with fellow colleagues.
Cons
Normal working hours except few days
Very fun job with great people!
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2016
This was one of my most enjoyable jobs, the job itself was great and the people were very fun to work with. I loved that there was multiple positions offered with guest services.
Management was in cooperative Could be hard to please all Civic Employees
Maintain. Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 December 2016
Hardest part of the job was almost always having an audience and getting orders from subordinates. Management was close minded and unwilling to listen to concerns
Productive and fun workplace
Laborer, Locations (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2016
Enjoyable place to work. Lots of breaks. Good management. The city focuses on safety. It is our number one priority. The job can take longer as long as everything is done safely
i guess they keep things rolling
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 November 2016
i dont do much im unemployed but the city is clean. I dont work but its making use twenty words so, it's just the city i feel fine and safe most times living here, on the west side dundonald
Recreation 8 - Available Part Time
Recreation Technician (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 October 2016
Trusted with nothing, asked to do lowest level of work or sometimes nothing at all. Often sit on my hands during shifts because there are no duties to be done beyond minding the facility.
High stress environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 September 2016
The desire to ensure the customer is always right above and beyond established policies and procedures creates a stressful work environment. The corporation as a whole also tends to be reactive instead of proactive
Pros
Wage allows me to earn a decent living. My immediate supervisor is fantastic
Cons
Lack of support from management
Good company to work for
Engineering Technologist - Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 May 2016
Overall good experience, typical union red tape, good pay, good benifits. However, once you understand the job, not much changes
Pros
Double time OT
friendly staff manadgement
custodian/maitence (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 March 2016
we are trustworthy have integrity and have respect for all employes and the general public.We have enough work that time goes by fast., not to many duties that you have to rush and make duties unsafe.We consentrate on work safty,an fesical well being.The city has great support system for all employes
Pros
geat benifits and pension
Cons
with shedualle hard to find 2nd job
gym supervisor
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 February 2016
Easy work but with only 4 hours given per week or even 2 weeks this is super unsustainable for serious workers. The pay is slightly above average with decent benefits surprisingly.
Fun
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 February 2016
Working outside and being involved with different Saskatoon communities was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the City of Saskatoon and would definitely work there again.
Easy and stress-free work environement
Building custodian (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 December 2015
Great place, job is not hard at all, great co-workers, flexible schedule, union membership, great work environment, health benefits
Pros
Being a part of the union
Cons
Not enough work hours
Productive, respectable workplace
Utility Operations and Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 December 2015
A grat deal of work making sure the city is running well, devoid of hazards, accidents and problematic issues. Quick responce to arising issues be it natural or man caused.
Pros
Get to know the city more and how things are handled.
Productive, important work
Engineering Technician (Surveyor) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 November 2015
Went out with surveyors to various contract sites around the city to ensure contractors were up to engineering standards. Mostly road-work, ensuring that sewer and storm pipes were put in place properly, but dealt with land development a little too.
Well-organized, fun and casual workplace among the surveyors.
Pros
discounts on civic centre memberships
Cons
public are mildly hostile to city workers
Fun and productive
Full Time since Sept. 2011 (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2015
Fun to be with all the other lifeguards and swimming teachers. need to be a good roll model for the public as we are always in public eye. always busy doing something, never a dull moment at any of the city facilities.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Nothing.
Building and Groounds (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 November 2015
I enjoy my current position at the city, the kinship I have with coworker and supervisor makes my job easier and it is a great place to work. The work that I do maintaining the water treatment is different on a daily bases as it could be as easy as emptying out the truck to working on the pump system. I enjoy working for the city due to the advancement and training, it is just the salary.
Pros
four ten hour shifts
Cons
pay is not enough
City of Saskatoon
Clerk Steno - 8 (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 July 2015
I love my job and all the great people I work with. However, I was hired for a Temp Position for 3 months. I have been extended month by month with no sense of security. I have been told by many (including my Supervisor that I'm doing a great job. She said that she would love to keep me, if she could. I have been applying for every position that I think relates to my experience. I would really like to continue my employment here with The City of Saskatoon, I'm just feeling discouraged by the seniority, and hiring policies.
Pros
Great salary, and EDO's
Cons
Paying for parking everyday
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 June 2015
The City of Saskatoon i s a great employer. They provide opportunities for advancement and have employees best interests in mind when creating programs. Flexible schedules make life easy to manage.
it was grate atmoshphere to work here.
Planning Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2015
I learned new software for engineering Design. co-workers helped me lot initially to learn the work properly.I enjoyed lot to work with government projects.
Great place to work, though policies can get out of hand at times.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 December 2014
I really enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. I had a lot of fun with them. Having the responsibility to be professional took its toll at times, as patrons expected different responses as I was inclined to give. Sometimes I did not receive adequate information on how to deal with certain situations, but in these times I had a respectful supervisor to aid me. All in all, a great work experience.
Pros
Great supervisors, co-workers and atmosphere.
Cons
Dealing with patrons at times deemed difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Saskatoon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2