City of Saskatoon Employee Reviews in Canada

friendly staff manadgement
custodian/maitence (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 16, 2016
we are trustworthy have integrity and have respect for all employes and the general public.We have enough work that time goes by fast., not to many duties that you have to rush and make duties unsafe.We consentrate on work safty,an fesical well being.The city has great support system for all employes
Pros
geat benifits and pension
Cons
with shedualle hard to find 2nd job
Building and Groounds (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 13, 2015
I enjoy my current position at the city, the kinship I have with coworker and supervisor makes my job easier and it is a great place to work. The work that I do maintaining the water treatment is different on a daily bases as it could be as easy as emptying out the truck to working on the pump system. I enjoy working for the city due to the advancement and training, it is just the salary.
Pros
four ten hour shifts
Cons
pay is not enough
gym supervisor
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 8, 2016
Easy work but with only 4 hours given per week or even 2 weeks this is super unsustainable for serious workers. The pay is slightly above average with decent benefits surprisingly.
Easy and stress-free work environement
Building custodian (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 5, 2015
Great place, job is not hard at all, great co-workers, flexible schedule, union membership, great work environment, health benefits
Pros
Being a part of the union
Cons
Not enough work hours
City of Saskatoon
Clerk Steno - 8 (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 3, 2015
I love my job and all the great people I work with. However, I was hired for a Temp Position for 3 months. I have been extended month by month with no sense of security. I have been told by many (including my Supervisor that I'm doing a great job. She said that she would love to keep me, if she could. I have been applying for every position that I think relates to my experience. I would really like to continue my employment here with The City of Saskatoon, I'm just feeling discouraged by the seniority, and hiring policies.
Pros
Great salary, and EDO's
Cons
Paying for parking everyday
Productive, important work
Engineering Technician (Surveyor) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 16, 2015
Went out with surveyors to various contract sites around the city to ensure contractors were up to engineering standards. Mostly road-work, ensuring that sewer and storm pipes were put in place properly, but dealt with land development a little too.
Well-organized, fun and casual workplace among the surveyors.
Pros
discounts on civic centre memberships
Cons
public are mildly hostile to city workers
Fun
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 1, 2016
Working outside and being involved with different Saskatoon communities was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the City of Saskatoon and would definitely work there again.
Productive, respectable workplace
Utility Operations and Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 3, 2015
A grat deal of work making sure the city is running well, devoid of hazards, accidents and problematic issues. Quick responce to arising issues be it natural or man caused.
Pros
Get to know the city more and how things are handled.
Fun and productive
Full Time since Sept. 2011 (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 15, 2015
Fun to be with all the other lifeguards and swimming teachers. need to be a good roll model for the public as we are always in public eye. always busy doing something, never a dull moment at any of the city facilities.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Nothing.
Great Leaning Opportunity
Support Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 21, 2014
City of Saskatoon allowed for me to build my skills in management to better further myself.
My days varied - no day was the same with what was needed to be done.
The management was not always clear as to what they wanted from their team.
Co-workers were great, often stressed and overworked.
The hardest part of the job was the management
The most enjoyable part were the co-workers.
Pros
great benefits and wage
Cons
poor management
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 30, 2015
The City of Saskatoon i s a great employer. They provide opportunities for advancement and have employees best interests in mind when creating programs. Flexible schedules make life easy to manage.
Just what the example says, fun and productive and we do have a ping-pong table.
Equipment Operator, labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day at work for the city of Saskatoon starts at 7 am and ends at 4:04 pm. It starts off with a tool box meeting and orders given out on what our duties are for the day. We are usually assigned with partners to work with and the jobs could be in any part of the city with whatever machine we may be alotted. Every day is a learning experience for example, learning how to use machinery in a landscaping operation. As for management, they are very good and knowledgable. They are always on hand if we need assistance or are in need of anything. All the co-workers get along and if anything did come up the supervisors and their higher-ups are on it right away.The hardest part of the job- well their is no hard part as long as you know what you are doing and enjoy it. I enjoy operating.
Great place to work, though policies can get out of hand at times.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 10, 2014
I really enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. I had a lot of fun with them. Having the responsibility to be professional took its toll at times, as patrons expected different responses as I was inclined to give. Sometimes I did not receive adequate information on how to deal with certain situations, but in these times I had a respectful supervisor to aid me. All in all, a great work experience.
Pros
great supervisors, co-workers and atmosphere.
Cons
dealing with patrons at times deemed difficult.
Helpful and friendly work place
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
It was a valuable experience as an intern student to work with the city. Everyone at work was friendly and always willing to help or point me toward the right direction for it. The work environment and culture were great with some flexibility. It was an enjoyable and eye opening experience to talked to some of the senior engineers and learned from their experience.
it was grate atmoshphere to work here.
Planning Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2015
I learned new software for engineering Design. co-workers helped me lot initially to learn the work properly.I enjoyed lot to work with government projects.
I never had any problem going to work.I liked my job.
lead arborist /trainer (Former Employee) –  Parks urban forestry ave. p yardsJuly 16, 2013
I made my owe work ,I learned, see a need , then fill that need.Your job will be a lot more fun.Management they worked hard ,very political,not much fun for them.The workers where the full range, very good to useless.the hardest part is the politics.Allways learning.
Pros
verry secure
Cons
to many jobs at one time. fractured.
Great Company
Laborer for Horticulture North West (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 3, 2012
Worked with plants and in horticulture
good management
good co-workers
great summer job
good work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SkJanuary 27, 2014
I really enjoyed it the staff was friendly, I learn't how to paint and powder coat,and seeing the boss smiled
Pros
overtime
good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 23, 2013
9 to 5pm workday
how to be organized
time management
very friendly
Pros
free coffee
Good benefits, fun people
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 11, 2014
4 day work week is awesome, good experience.
good people.
learned how to troubleshoot and read electrical drawings well.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
pay is sometimes lower than industry

4.3