Transportation & Utilities Department
Facilities & Fleet Divison
(Temporary for approximately one year)
Posting No. 622(59)-AD
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
1. Reviews defect reports with supervisor.
2. Maintains vehicles by adjusting, repairing and replacing components and ancillary equipment.
3. Locates malfunctions by road-testing and using test equipment such as analysers, scanners, etc.
4. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance service of Police vehicles.
5. Inspects civilian vehicles, as required, to assist Police with vehicle condition assessments.
6. Measures the accuracy of Police vehicle speedometers, as required, and submits certificates to court as evidence.
7. Prepares Police vehicles for service, including performing all electrical installations.
8. Designs and fabricates a variety of ancillary equipment mounts.
9. Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition.
10. Submits approved reports of all maintenance performed.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Journeyman Automotive Service Technician Certificate.
- Three years' journeyman experience.
- As for this posting, 4th year apprentices may be considered.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic engines, electronic transmissions, vehicle electrical systems, anti-lock brake systems and associated components.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to complete related forms and reports.
- Ability to understand technical service manuals and bulletins.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skill in the operation and use of current testing equipment and computer systems related to service and parts information.
Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
$29.00 to $31.97 per hour.
For further information regarding this position, contact Human Resources.
Applications are to be received in Human Resources (City Hall) by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, 2014.