City of Ottawa Employee Review

View all City of Ottawa reviews

A great place overall to work as a summer student
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 July 2014
I really enjoy the camaraderie between all the employees and that they really tried to involve the student even if we are only there for a short amount of time. My bosses have always been very easy-going and made sure that the road work we were doing was safe.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Some unpleasant tasks

Other City of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Very fun but tiring
Programme leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2018
Days at work are very long but there is always learning curves and new knowledge obtained every single day. Good staff and tons of training for every situation. Overall great place to work.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
stressfull
Job for highschool students
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
withing the city of ottawa, specifically being a lifeguard and swim instructor was a good job when i was 16-18. As i got older i was primarily working with younger people which created a very isolated work environment.
Management was young adults who often didn't know how to act appropriatly in the work place and towards the people "working" for them.
The job paid well however there are two different rates for lifeguarding and teaching swimming lessons. if you are interested in teaching swimming lessons you are looking at working only evenings and weekends.