Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Anvil Centre is a major cultural/commerce facility consisting of conference space and meeting rooms, art galleries and art studios, a theatre, museums and archives. This state of the art facility is set to open in the Spring of 2014. We are in search of a dynamic senior manager to lead the success of Anvil Centre.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Parks, Culture and Recreation, this exciting and first of its kind opportunity, is an upper mid-management position responsible for the administration, coordination, planning, promotion and delivery of services within the Anvil Centre. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing an administrative alliance and the functional integration between four program areas within the multi-use civic facility; Conference Centre, Museum and Archives, Theatre, Art Galleries and Studio, as well as the partnerships between the City and residing and/or supporting organizations within the Anvil Centre.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline i.e. Recreation, Culture, Tourism, Business, Public Administration or Hotel Management coupled with a professional designation such as CFE – Certified Facilities Executive or CVM – Certified Venue Manager.
- A minimum of seven years of directly related experience in managing a complex, multi-use recreation/civic/cultural conference centre and sound experience in managing the components of facility operations and administration.
- Knowledge of municipal functions, operations and relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- A high degree of communication, leadership and interpersonal skills to develop, foster and maintain strategic partnerships with a wide range of internal and external groups.
- Proven experience in developing and managing operating budgets.
- Advanced level of skill in strategic planning, coordination, analytics and research to manage and lead the development, implementation and delivery of a wide range of specialized services.
- Proven ability to develop and foster partnerships both internally and externally.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Sound people leadership skills to manage a team of professional, support staff and volunteers in a unionized environment.
- Valid Driver’s License for the province of British Columbia.
- Must have flexibility to work some evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal/police record check.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #13-10, by February 28, 2013 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Indeed - 10 months ago