“Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.”
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Records and Information Management Coordinator with the City Clerk’s Office.
The position will be responsible for the maintenance, safekeeping and retention of the official records of the City of Moncton in all forms, ensuring that the corporate records are retained and disposed of in accordance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements. The individual will coordinate in the development and maintenance of the corporate records and information management system and will work in conjunction with Information Systems staff to ensure its implementation and maintenance as well continued regulatory compliance.
This position reports directly to City Clerk/Director of Legislation.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalency.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences; Records and Information Management/Archival studies / Library studies or a related field.
- A Certified Records Manager (CRM); Information Governance Professional and Electronic Records Management (ERM) Certificate is an asset.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in the Records Management Field with demonstrated knowledge of electronic records and information management processes.
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of an integrated electronic Corporate Records Management system is required.
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- English essential. The ability to communicate in the French language would be an asset, but not a requirement.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of records and information management theories, principles and practices; including classification and retention scheduling, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Laserfiche or other similar RIM applications. Comprehensive knowledge of word processing, Windows applications and e-mail. Ex. Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word/Power Point.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and listening skills, which promote understanding and concise report writing. Demonstrated experience in managing within team based organizations and multi-function teams.
The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with the City Hall Employees Association/PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall.
To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707
CLOSING DATE: NOON – SEPTEMBER 11, 2013
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)