CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employee Reviews in Canada

The environment is very open and team oriented.
Senior Appraiser/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Excellent place to work! The environment is very open and team oriented. A typical day includes working with various departments, collecting real estate data and completing appraisals on a timely basis. The hardest part of the job is time constraints between departments, while the best part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
time constraints
Skating Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2015
Awesome to work with. Very helpful.
Friendly people to work with
Can choose the hours that you want to work as well as the facility you want to work at
Probably one of the best companies I've worked for.
Skate Safety Patrol (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Hours were very flexible and coworkers were incredibly down to Earth. The one thing I wish improved was the pay as it is not one you can live independently with.
Incredible support at work with work/life balance prominent
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Well managed and organised. Very motivated staff. Great working conditions. Everywhere is accessible. High morale. Not a stereotypical government office by any means.
City Of Mississauga
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 15, 2015
It is a great and comfortable environment to work in. Managers are great to work with because they listen to their employees ideas. Staff are friendly and open-minded.
Fun Work Place
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work i go in and do floods and maintain the building, i learned how to drive a Zamboni, change taps, and a couple other things. My co-workers are pretty easy going guys as long as you do what is needed of you, the hardest part of my job is going to the pool to clean its usually the worst, the easiest part is driving the Zamboni.
Pros
work with good people, at times not too demanding
Reseption
Skate Patroller & Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2015
I would work skate patrolling and i would be working as a customer service that would rent ice to people and sell tickets to the programs that are going on in the arena
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
sometimes gets really cold
Really Laid back but the people are awesome to work with
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2014
they are very prompt with being on time but they understand problems when they happen. you learn that customer service isn't trying to persuade someone to buy something but helping them with what they need and the customers appreciate that and it no longer becomes a Customer Service Representative - Customer relationship but a friend-friend relationship. Hardest part of the job is when someone isn't happy with something, but that is part of the job and you learn to cope with the pressure that it brings. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. You make friends with them instantly and they are so warm and welcoming that it makes it impossible for their to be any tension between anyone.
Pros
city of mississauga discounts
Cons
shifts not that long
Parks and recreation
Parks long term labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2015
Working Outdoors is fun and a rewarding job, learning new skills on how to care for the environment is great knowledge. I am great team worker and get along with all diversities. I am able to follow directions and help others with out being asked to. Following direction and learning new things come easy for me, if i am not 100% clear on the task i will ask questions to do the job right.
part time instructor
Learn to Skate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2012
The position I hold at the City of Mississauga considered a "part-time seasonal" position. Therefore hours are very unreliable. This means that your paycheque varies alot.

My boss couldnt care less for her employees, she also loves to play favourites. This in turn means that if you are on her favourite list you get more hours than the staff that are not on her favourite list.

There is absolutley NO chance of advancement.

The only positive aspect is that the per hour pay is good.
Pros
good pay per hour
Cons
no chance of advancement, toxic work environment
Rewarding and Responsible work
Lifeguard/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2013
great work environment when the management were not hovering over your shoulders, hours were decent but cut throat with all the good hours going to people who have it good with seniority, pay was decent better then flipping burgers, over-all learned a lot but would not recommend any friends or family members to work at the location I did for 8 years, and yes I wanted to quit on several occasions but the money spoke for itself
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
bad management

Comment – June 11, 2013

Ungrateful,sick,

Orientate choreographed dances for student youth
Dance Choreographer and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2012
My position as a choreographer is typically out in the field and not at the general office although I do meet with other colleagues at the main office from time to time.

Management is real good with the City. Their very efficient and consistently keep us up to date with relevant information.

Classes are normally conducted with a 10-15 min warm up followed by a step by step instruction for a routine.

I find it a little difficult working with the various ages (one class being teenagers and the other adults ages ranging from 26-45).
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
not enough hours
Good
Long term temp (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
Good company to work with, well established within its means, kept work up to a steady minimum and hours were great to work with
Productive friendly teamwork type environment
Parks operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2012
This job offered excellent hours and I got the privilege to work with many great people. I learned a lot about horticulture and how to arrange different types of flowers based on location. The hardest part of the job would be adjusting to the change in weather as we worked outside from the cooler temperatures right into the extreme heat as well as the odd rain day. The ost enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers. We all got along so well and I made many friends.
Pros
monday to friday work hours
Cons
extreme heat days
Excellent Work Place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
Excellent overall experience and great environment for all workers. Work completed was relevant to field and always interesting to do.
Records Management/Facilities and Property Management
Office Assistant, (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Assisting the Records Management Supervisor in creating new files to Realty Department on OMNIRIM Records Management System and doing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor . The hardest part of the job is to learn everything in a short period. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with an interesting supervisor and team workers.
Pros
canadian experience
Cons
unpaid work
An excellent municipality to develop your skills and personallty. The were numerous opportunities to learn and grow.
Director of Policy Planning Retired (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 30, 2014
Mississauga was an excellent place to begin and end my career.
Relaxed and structured work place with great people
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Days are always structured and fun. Closely monitored with lots of interaction with superiors and children. Short breaks, which go by fast but being around children constantly to have fun.
Pros
fun and easy going staff
Cons
long hours and only one break, very tiring
Provincipal Government
Citizenship Chambers & Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntMay 2, 2014
Volunteering. No pay just food when your working. You have to be prepared to work when they call you.
Pros
you work hard
Cons
no pay
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
amazing environment to work in. The leadership role provided is a great one with structure and respect running through the camps.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/A

4.5