CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great environment, great workers
By-Law Enforcement Officer (Student) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2013
always something new and exciting through out the normal course of the day
Rewarding and Responsible work
Lifeguard/Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2013
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: bad management
great work environment when the management were not hovering over your shoulders, hours were decent but cut throat with all the good hours going to people who have it good with seniority, pay was decent better then flipping burgers, over-all learned a lot but would not recommend any friends or family members to work at the location I did for 8 years, – more... and yes I wanted to quit on several occasions but the money spoke for itself – less

June 11, 2013

Ungrateful,sick,

shifts work
Facility Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2013
Pros: change shifts during week
Cons: turn over
very enjoy my years there, learning, safe, courses, opportunity to learn
fun workplace that was very rewarding
Recreational Skating Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2013
taught children aged 4 to 12 how to skate. co worker relations was great. management was also really good. not very many hours
Records Management/Facilities and Property Management
Office Assistant, (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: canadian experience
Cons: unpaid work
Assisting the Records Management Supervisor in creating new files to Realty Department on OMNIRIM Records Management System and doing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor . The hardest part of the job is to learn everything in a short period. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with an interesting supervisor and team workers.
everyday a new learning experience
Traffic Signals Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: has technical part and new challenges
My day at work include office work and field work as well.
Learned how to use Fast trac, change signal timings and other signal related work .
Fun and amazing workplace
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2013
I worked at City of Mississauga for a short period of time and let me tell you, I LOVED IT! such a great environment to work in and the people are just so amazing. I had a blast working there, hope to work there again someday.
excellent
Urban Transit Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 2, 2013
great job secure posistion It is as hard as you make it type job
Great people
FARE MEDIA REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioNovember 27, 2012
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: driving during business in bad weather
Great team to work with, wonderful atmosphere. Everyone would help out each other when needed.

I learned to organized and priorities duties in a timely manner.
Clarkson Pool
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2012
Pros: lifeguard
Cons: dealing with bad bone fractures.
For the year 2000 minimum wage was 6.85 an hour. My starting wage at 16 years old for a lifeguard was 10.28 an hour. Plus I worked with neighbourhood friends. Absolutely great job for any teenager into their early 20's. Great way to save money for post secondary education. Pay rates now have increased significantly in 12 years.
Productive friendly teamwork type environment
Parks operations (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2012
Pros: monday to friday work hours
Cons: extreme heat days
This job offered excellent hours and I got the privilege to work with many great people. I learned a lot about horticulture and how to arrange different types of flowers based on location. The hardest part of the job would be adjusting to the change in weather as we worked outside from the cooler temperatures right into the extreme heat as well as the – more... odd rain day. The ost enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers. We all got along so well and I made many friends. – less
fun to work with the coworks
Volunteer (Former Employee), mississauga, ontSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Very busy
Very professional
Very friendly
not hard
very busy and talking to the public
ood company to work for.
Fitness /Personal trainer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: freindly enviroment
Cons: not enough working hours
Grate company to worfk for.
I work part time. The management is freindly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people, encourage them to reach their goals.
Orientate choreographed dances for student youth
Dance Choreographer and Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2012
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: not enough hours
My position as a choreographer is typically out in the field and not at the general office although I do meet with other colleagues at the main office from time to time.

Management is real good with the City. Their very efficient and consistently keep us up to date with relevant information.

Classes are normally conducted with a 10-15 min warm up – more... followed by a step by step instruction for a routine.

I find it a little difficult working with the various ages (one class being teenagers and the other adults ages ranging from 26-45). – less
part time instructor
Learn to Skate Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2012
Pros: good pay per hour
Cons: no chance of advancement, toxic work environment
The position I hold at the City of Mississauga considered a "part-time seasonal" position. Therefore hours are very unreliable. This means that your paycheque varies alot.

My boss couldnt care less for her employees, she also loves to play favourites. This in turn means that if you are on her favourite list you get more hours than the staff that are – more... not on her favourite list.

There is absolutley NO chance of advancement.

The only positive aspect is that the per hour pay is good. – less