City of Mississauga

City of Mississauga Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and sporty environment in which I thrive in
Sport Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2016
My title is a sport instructor. My job is to simply teach basic mechanics, skills, movements and facilitate the game of play for whatever sport I am assigned which can vary from badminton to soccer. I have learned that everyone learns at a different pace and everyone has different skills levels. You must accommodate to them and be flexible in the way you instruct. Management is fairly organized and reliable. Emails are responded to quickly and issues are dealt with accordingly.
Wonderful Place
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
Nothing better to say! I'm really thankful that this was my first job and I'm still working there. I would gladly recommend anyone to work here.
Fun & Inclusive Work Environment
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Huron Park Community Centre8 December 2015
Being a lifeguard at Huron Park Community Centre is a great first job for any one who is qualified to do so. The hours are reasonable, the staff is amazing, & the work experience you will obtain is invaluable. I can say without a doubt that the approx 4 years that I have spent here has shaped me & turned me into a better person. I have learned how to deal with critical thinking situations & my customer service/interaction skills have definitely improved.
Pros
$$$$$
Cons
Need the qualifications
Productive and fun workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2015
A friendly environment with supportive co-workers and supervisors.
Best place to work with the celebration square outside the office and ice- skating during the winter
Skating Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2015
Awesome to work with. Very helpful.
Friendly people to work with
Can choose the hours that you want to work as well as the facility you want to work at
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2015
Accepted via online application, no prior network within the organization. They recognize international work experience.

Great work life balance.
Pros
Promotes work life balance
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent position
Great place to gain experience
Basketball Drop-in Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2015
Loved working here, learned a lot from great colleagues who have been with the city for many years. Management is very supportive and there is lots of opportunity to try your hands at various roles.
Working with fun
SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
Nice place to work. working atmosphere is very good. Fun work place with supportive management. Personally grow and develop
It was a fun experience
Part Time Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
It was a fun place to work and the management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Detail Orientated and Highly Analytical
Global Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2015
My role focused on the following:

Holding a central role in defining, planning, and leading/managing the short- and long-term Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) expansion plan for multinational companies within a defined market (or set of markets) to ensure FDI targets are met and exceeded.

Develop regional approaches to attract FDI and strategic partnership ventures both locally and abroad.

Monitor and assess the effectiveness of current marketing plans that directly relate to target markets; prepare status reports and RFI’s for Executive team leaders;

Attract, establish and maintain strong global connections and relationships with international partners including public and private sector organizations, institutions (i.e. Sheridan International Centre) and service providers;

Plan, implement and execute marketing strategies within budget, timeline and City of Mississauga guidelines.

Provide leadership, guidance and direction to staff; maximizing department performance.
City Of Mississauga
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2015
It is a great and comfortable environment to work in. Managers are great to work with because they listen to their employees ideas. Staff are friendly and open-minded.
Probably one of the best companies I've worked for.
Skate Safety Patrol (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2015
Hours were very flexible and coworkers were incredibly down to Earth. The one thing I wish improved was the pay as it is not one you can live independently with.
Incredible support at work with work/life balance prominent
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2015
Well managed and organised. Very motivated staff. Great working conditions. Everywhere is accessible. High morale. Not a stereotypical government office by any means.
Reseption
Skate Patroller & Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2015
I would work skate patrolling and i would be working as a customer service that would rent ice to people and sell tickets to the programs that are going on in the arena
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
sometimes gets really cold
Excellent pay
Maintenance personnel (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2015
The salary is excellent for city workers. The supervisors listen to feedback. They are flexible with schedules.Would work again
Excellent Work Place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2015
Excellent overall experience and great environment for all workers. Work completed was relevant to field and always interesting to do.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2015
amazing environment to work in. The leadership role provided is a great one with structure and respect running through the camps.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/A
Parks and recreation
Parks long term labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2015
Working Outdoors is fun and a rewarding job, learning new skills on how to care for the environment is great knowledge. I am great team worker and get along with all diversities. I am able to follow directions and help others with out being asked to. Following direction and learning new things come easy for me, if i am not 100% clear on the task i will ask questions to do the job right.
Good
Long term temp (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2015
Good company to work with, well established within its means, kept work up to a steady minimum and hours were great to work with
Fun Work Place
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2015
A typical day at work i go in and do floods and maintain the building, i learned how to drive a Zamboni, change taps, and a couple other things. My co-workers are pretty easy going guys as long as you do what is needed of you, the hardest part of my job is going to the pool to clean its usually the worst, the easiest part is driving the Zamboni.
Pros
Work with good people, at times not too demanding

4.5