CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2015
A friendly environment with supportive co-workers and supervisors.
Best place to work with the celebration square outside the office and ice- skating during the winter
Detail Orientated and Highly Analytical
Global Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2015
My role focused on the following:

Holding a central role in defining, planning, and leading/managing the short- and long-term Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) expansion plan for multinational companies within a defined market (or set of markets) to ensure FDI targets are met and exceeded.

Develop regional approaches to attract FDI and strategic partnership ventures both locally and abroad.

Monitor and assess the effectiveness of current marketing plans that directly relate to target markets; prepare status reports and RFI’s for Executive team leaders;

Attract, establish and maintain strong global connections and relationships with international partners including public and private sector organizations, institutions (i.e. Sheridan International Centre) and service providers;

Plan, implement and execute marketing strategies within budget, timeline and City of Mississauga guidelines.

Provide leadership, guidance and direction to staff; maximizing department performance.
Skating Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2015
Awesome to work with. Very helpful.
Friendly people to work with
Can choose the hours that you want to work as well as the facility you want to work at
Incredible support at work with work/life balance prominent
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2015
Well managed and organised. Very motivated staff. Great working conditions. Everywhere is accessible. High morale. Not a stereotypical government office by any means.
Parks and recreation
Parks long term labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2015
Working Outdoors is fun and a rewarding job, learning new skills on how to care for the environment is great knowledge. I am great team worker and get along with all diversities. I am able to follow directions and help others with out being asked to. Following direction and learning new things come easy for me, if i am not 100% clear on the task i will ask questions to do the job right.
It was a fun experience
Part Time Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
It was a fun place to work and the management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Probably one of the best companies I've worked for.
Skate Safety Patrol (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2015
Hours were very flexible and coworkers were incredibly down to Earth. The one thing I wish improved was the pay as it is not one you can live independently with.
City Of Mississauga
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2015
It is a great and comfortable environment to work in. Managers are great to work with because they listen to their employees ideas. Staff are friendly and open-minded.
Fun Work Place
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2015
A typical day at work i go in and do floods and maintain the building, i learned how to drive a Zamboni, change taps, and a couple other things. My co-workers are pretty easy going guys as long as you do what is needed of you, the hardest part of my job is going to the pool to clean its usually the worst, the easiest part is driving the Zamboni.
Pros
Work with good people, at times not too demanding
Working with fun
SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
Nice place to work. working atmosphere is very good. Fun work place with supportive management. Personally grow and develop
non stressful environment
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2014
It is a wonderful experience working with the City of Mississauga. You have a great support system when needed. My co-workers are happy with their job, so it means a happy work place. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with people. The hardest part is working outside in the cold.
Pros
City Pension, work with little supervision; you know what needs to be done and you follow through.
Cons
working outside in winter
Great Place to Work
Coop student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga2 March 2014
A typical day was: responding to email, supervision of; worker, labours, installer. Also designing spaces, meeting with directors and management teams, working as a team, Lead communicator between projects and management teams.
Management team where very supportive and educated in the field as pertains to facility management, construction management and interior design.
Hardest part of the job was balancing customer satisfaction, management needs, and worker relations during every stage of a project.
Pros
gas compensation, float time, great team setting
part time instructor
Learn to Skate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2012
The position I hold at the City of Mississauga considered a "part-time seasonal" position. Therefore hours are very unreliable. This means that your paycheque varies alot.

My boss couldnt care less for her employees, she also loves to play favourites. This in turn means that if you are on her favourite list you get more hours than the staff that are not on her favourite list.

There is absolutley NO chance of advancement.

The only positive aspect is that the per hour pay is good.
Pros
good pay per hour
Cons
no chance of advancement, toxic work environment
Orientate choreographed dances for student youth
Dance Choreographer and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2012
My position as a choreographer is typically out in the field and not at the general office although I do meet with other colleagues at the main office from time to time.

Management is real good with the City. Their very efficient and consistently keep us up to date with relevant information.

Classes are normally conducted with a 10-15 min warm up followed by a step by step instruction for a routine.

I find it a little difficult working with the various ages (one class being teenagers and the other adults ages ranging from 26-45).
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
not enough hours
Productive friendly teamwork type environment
Parks operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2012
This job offered excellent hours and I got the privilege to work with many great people. I learned a lot about horticulture and how to arrange different types of flowers based on location. The hardest part of the job would be adjusting to the change in weather as we worked outside from the cooler temperatures right into the extreme heat as well as the odd rain day. The ost enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers. We all got along so well and I made many friends.
Pros
monday to friday work hours
Cons
extreme heat days
Rewarding and Responsible work
Lifeguard/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2013
great work environment when the management were not hovering over your shoulders, hours were decent but cut throat with all the good hours going to people who have it good with seniority, pay was decent better then flipping burgers, over-all learned a lot but would not recommend any friends or family members to work at the location I did for 8 years, and yes I wanted to quit on several occasions but the money spoke for itself
Pros
Good hours and Pay
Cons
Bad Management
contract assignment
Project Administration Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2013
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Pros
contract
Cons
contract
Records Management/Facilities and Property Management
Office Assistant, (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 February 2013
Assisting the Records Management Supervisor in creating new files to Realty Department on OMNIRIM Records Management System and doing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor . The hardest part of the job is to learn everything in a short period. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with an interesting supervisor and team workers.
Pros
canadian experience
Cons
unpaid work
Really Laid back but the people are awesome to work with
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2014
they are very prompt with being on time but they understand problems when they happen. you learn that customer service isn't trying to persuade someone to buy something but helping them with what they need and the customers appreciate that and it no longer becomes a Customer Service Representative - Customer relationship but a friend-friend relationship. Hardest part of the job is when someone isn't happy with something, but that is part of the job and you learn to cope with the pressure that it brings. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. You make friends with them instantly and they are so warm and welcoming that it makes it impossible for their to be any tension between anyone.
Pros
City of Mississauga discounts
Cons
shifts not that long
The environment is very open and team oriented.
Senior Appraiser/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2013
Excellent place to work! The environment is very open and team oriented. A typical day includes working with various departments, collecting real estate data and completing appraisals on a timely basis. The hardest part of the job is time constraints between departments, while the best part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
time constraints

4.5