CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Parks and Recreation
Fall Temp (Former Employee), City HallMarch 17, 2014
Fantastic work environment. Well organized for a Parks job.
I have greate experience workind at City of Mississauga
Help-Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2014
The whole staff is so co-operative.
I managed my stuff very intelligently.
I enjoy when I work in a group even working individually is also a great experience.
Great Place to Work
Coop student (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2014
Pros: gas compensation, float time, great team setting
Cons: long hours
A typical day was: responding to email, supervision of; worker, labours, installer. Also designing spaces, meeting with directors and management teams, working as a team, Lead communicator between projects and management teams.
Management team where very supportive and educated in the field as pertains to facility management, construction management – more... and interior design.
Hardest part of the job was balancing customer satisfaction, management needs, and worker relations during every stage of a project. – less
Relaxed and structured work place with great people
Camp Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fun and easy going staff
Cons: long hours and only one break, very tiring
Days are always structured and fun. Closely monitored with lots of interaction with superiors and children. Short breaks, which go by fast but being around children constantly to have fun.
Great experience
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Great people, good hours. There's a gallery in the building to go to on your lunch.
This job requires focus and detail.
Provided an excellent flexible work hours.
Transit Checker Team Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: temporary job conditions
Excellent environment
Flexible working hours
Friendly environment
Professional environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work where innovation and new practices are encouraged. Work pressure was minimal that inspire confidence and helps to finish jobs in time adding extra value to the work.
Fun place to work and great staff
Instructor and Camp Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 22, 2013
In order to succeed must enjoy being around children and must be able to think on the spot. Being able to improvise is a huge asset for any employee in this company. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with unhappy parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is when children come up to you and tell you how much they enjoyed their day.
Great learning experience and work place
Project Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2013
People work as a team and are very cooperative. One can a have a true work-life balance.
Public service and busy team environment office workplace with the excellent exposure to the public.
Administrative Licensing Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2013
Excellent work place. Provided experienced in computer technology and in public service. The only problem was the contract employment and not future perspective of permanent employment.
I enjoyed working for the City of Mississauga. The people was nice and the atmosphere was pleasant.
Records and Information Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed my job while i worked at the city. I am a team player and am a very customer service oriented person. I did my tasked on a daily basis and I was always opened to other challenges as they presented itself.
it was fun ,and loved working with different people
Seasonal Temp (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: different areas of work
Cons: temp work
you learn alot about different areas that you are working ,and as well machines ,the hours are great ,but they must hire more people then doing temps all the time
The environment is very open and team oriented.
Senior Appraiser/Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: time constraints
Excellent place to work! The environment is very open and team oriented. A typical day includes working with various departments, collecting real estate data and completing appraisals on a timely basis. The hardest part of the job is time constraints between departments, while the best part of the job is the people I work with.
contract assignment
Project Administration Secretary (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: contract
Cons: contract
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put – more... them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel. – less
great environment, great workers
By-Law Enforcement Officer (Student) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2013
always something new and exciting through out the normal course of the day
Rewarding and Responsible work
Lifeguard/Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2013
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: bad management
great work environment when the management were not hovering over your shoulders, hours were decent but cut throat with all the good hours going to people who have it good with seniority, pay was decent better then flipping burgers, over-all learned a lot but would not recommend any friends or family members to work at the location I did for 8 years, – more... and yes I wanted to quit on several occasions but the money spoke for itself – less

andrew11 – June 11, 2013

Ungrateful,sick,

shifts work
Facility Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2013
Pros: change shifts during week
Cons: turn over
very enjoy my years there, learning, safe, courses, opportunity to learn
fun workplace that was very rewarding
Recreational Skating Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2013
taught children aged 4 to 12 how to skate. co worker relations was great. management was also really good. not very many hours
Records Management/Facilities and Property Management
Office Assistant, (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: canadian experience
Cons: unpaid work
Assisting the Records Management Supervisor in creating new files to Realty Department on OMNIRIM Records Management System and doing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor . The hardest part of the job is to learn everything in a short period. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with an interesting supervisor and team workers.
everyday a new learning experience
Traffic Signals Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: has technical part and new challenges
My day at work include office work and field work as well.
Learned how to use Fast trac, change signal timings and other signal related work .