City of Mississauga Employee Reviews

No room to move up
Aquatic Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2017
No room for advancement in my department (aquatics). The city only hires management from external sources. Although I have been working with the city for 10 years, it will take about another 10-15 to get a full time position with benefits and salary.
Work Culture
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2017
The work culture needs a lot of improvement. It is dramatic and unprofessional most of the time. Things are not kept confidentially. The job itself is easy and enjoyable.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
dramatic
excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2017
consider yourself lucky when you work for the City of Mississauga. Best people and work environment. It is really a privilege to work for them. Most of the jobs can be lifetime careers.
Rewarding
Geomatics GSI Specialist (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
There is a lot of mapping and reading, but everyone is nice and the time flies by. It is very rewarding as you know the work you do helps the city in the long run.
Pros
helpful environment
Cons
Excellent company and office culture
Parks Beautification Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W,29 March 2017
Wonderful growth opportunities to talented individuals who put the time in. Very flexible and supportive of Employees with families. Excellent people and caring Management. The best office I have ever worked in.
Pros
Flexible work hours and work from home benefits
Cons
No guarantee you can move to full time from a Yearly Temp position - even after 8 years.
The workplace is condusive and challenging
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Department of planning and record19 February 2017
An interactive environment with mutual respect, opinions are consider base on facts and not positions. The job schedule is moderate though challenging however the team spirit makes the job easier and efficiently achieved. The environment is conducive and equipment are up to date. The work place is friendly and there is lot of teamwork
Pros
Sufficient break time
Cons
workload deadlines
Animal Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2017
This is the best place I have ever worked! There are great people here who help you whenever you need it, you can count on them to have your back, and the job itself is the best in the world.
Highly professional environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  300 City centre Drive16 February 2017
Workplace Culture is excellent and you feel some one important. the Staff is well mannered and always ready to help and really helpful. there is a work/life balance and there is job security if hired. there are huge benefits and career advancement.
Pros
Feel as if you are important
Cons
fun workplace where you feel like your giving back to your community
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
helping children, families & adults learn new skills in recreation & leisure
improve lives
save lives
teach valuable life skills - first aid, swimming, team building, leadership
Fun workplace
Lead Program Coordinator Oct (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
I loved everything about working for the City of Mississauga; the patrons, the job itself, the rewards and recognition, the networking, and the challenges.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Unreasonable customers
Great Workplace and lots of room to move up
Operations - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2017
I have been working with the City for about 5 years and I love my job. I have learned so much about customer service and about how to be the best employee I can be in whatever position I am working. I have worked in many areas in recreation, and have learned so much about myself and have been able to train and shape other employees to do well in what they do and to make the difference. There is also many areas to expand on and to advance in.
fun workplace
Parks Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2016
learned a lot of new skills, made lasting friendships. easygoing environment, great teamwork. enjoyed working with a team and individually. did something different every day.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
getting dirty everyday
Awesome Place
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2016
Working at this place is better suited to a co-op who has not yet had a co-op. The staff are very knowledgeable and willing to help the student learn.
Always have fun
Concession Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2016
Everyone that I work with is so nice, and so helpful. I love working there. The environment suits my personality a lot and from the first day I started working everyone made me feel so welcome.
Pros
Laid back envrionment
Cons
Short hours, not a lot of shifts
once your in your set but have fun trying.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2016
Place full of nepotism. Work hard and you wont get noticed. The only way to get a fulltime job is if you rub elbows with someone higher up in management or with someone in HR. They always have someone lined up already even though you have all the skills and experience if your trying to get fulltime. I tried for 14 years and they could care less. Many operators could care less about thier work and are usually grumpy and horrible to work with once they are Ft trust me. The management only care about themselves and not thier employees and wont give other people the time of day to listen to or someones opinion. Its all smiles on top but when you get in if your lucky enough is lousy and you just feel like transfering to another building if your even able to. Over all if your lucky to get a Ft job your set but in all reality is sucks the life right out of you. Ive seen it and experienced it.
Pros
the money and benefits
Cons
higher management and corruption within hiring process
Organisation at mature stage of lifecycle
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
In need of business modernisation since incorporation in the 1970's from my perspective.
Use of employment agencies to fill temp employment needs and hard to get permanent positions.
Average staff member, very professional, well-bred and intelligent. Mayor and Council as well.

Therefore it's a well-run ship compared to other municipalities. This is very good for a top-class City like Mississauga, which is increasingly growing and developing.
Time now to modernise business operations to meet current and future development.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
difficulty in getting permanent jobs
its good
Building Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
working for the city is great but its hard to get people to respect you when you are young. but overall its a great city to work for
Pros
35 hours week
Cons
no cons
Great working evironment
Turf Crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
Working at parks was a terrific experience. it was definitely different from anything else ive done. working outdoors everyday, meeting new people and working with plant and animal life really appealed to me. Best of all were the employees i had the pleasure of working with. My co workers were what made it an even more memorable position.
productive and benefitcial time served
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2016
I would spend some time preparing gym equipment for upcoming programs like yoga and sometimes while doing so, I would get also get an equal benefit in using them for exercising and working out.
Pros
Free Workouts after work
Cons
longer hours
Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
A typical day at work is enjoying 8 hours a day, five days a week providing excellent service for my customers and making sure they are happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Mississauga. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5