CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Detail Orientated and Highly Analytical
Global Business Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
My role focused on the following:

Holding a central role in defining, planning, and leading/managing the short- and long-term Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) expansion plan for multinational companies within a defined market (or set of markets) to ensure FDI targets are met and exceeded.

Develop regional approaches to attract FDI and strategic partnership ventures both locally and abroad.

Monitor and assess the effectiveness of current marketing plans that directly relate to target markets; prepare status reports and RFI’s for Executive team leaders;

Attract, establish and maintain strong global connections and relationships with international partners including public and private sector organizations, institutions (i.e. Sheridan International Centre) and service providers;

Plan, implement and execute marketing strategies within budget, timeline and City of Mississauga guidelines.

Provide leadership, guidance and direction to staff; maximizing department performance.
Really Laid back but the people are awesome to work with
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: city of mississauga discounts
Cons: shifts not that long
they are very prompt with being on time but they understand problems when they happen. you learn that customer service isn't trying to persuade someone to buy something but helping them with what they need and the customers appreciate that and it no longer becomes a Customer Service Representative - Customer relationship but a friend-friend relationship. Hardest part of the job is when someone isn't happy with something, but that is part of the job and you learn to cope with the pressure that it brings. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. You make friends with them instantly and they are so warm and welcoming that it makes it impossible for their to be any tension between anyone.
Orientate choreographed dances for student youth
Dance Choreographer and Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2012
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: not enough hours
My position as a choreographer is typically out in the field and not at the general office although I do meet with other colleagues at the main office from time to time.

Management is real good with the City. Their very efficient and consistently keep us up to date with relevant information.

Classes are normally conducted with a 10-15 min warm up followed by a step by step instruction for a routine.

I find it a little difficult working with the various ages (one class being teenagers and the other adults ages ranging from 26-45).
Great Place to Work
Coop student (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2014
Pros: gas compensation, float time, great team setting
Cons: long hours
A typical day was: responding to email, supervision of; worker, labours, installer. Also designing spaces, meeting with directors and management teams, working as a team, Lead communicator between projects and management teams.
Management team where very supportive and educated in the field as pertains to facility management, construction management and interior design.
Hardest part of the job was balancing customer satisfaction, management needs, and worker relations during every stage of a project.
part time instructor
Learn to Skate Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2012
Pros: good pay per hour
Cons: no chance of advancement, toxic work environment
The position I hold at the City of Mississauga considered a "part-time seasonal" position. Therefore hours are very unreliable. This means that your paycheque varies alot.

My boss couldnt care less for her employees, she also loves to play favourites. This in turn means that if you are on her favourite list you get more hours than the staff that are not on her favourite list.

There is absolutley NO chance of advancement.

The only positive aspect is that the per hour pay is good.
Productive friendly teamwork type environment
Parks operations (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2012
Pros: monday to friday work hours
Cons: extreme heat days
This job offered excellent hours and I got the privilege to work with many great people. I learned a lot about horticulture and how to arrange different types of flowers based on location. The hardest part of the job would be adjusting to the change in weather as we worked outside from the cooler temperatures right into the extreme heat as well as the odd rain day. The ost enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers. We all got along so well and I made many friends.
Fun workplace and sporty environment in which I thrive in
Sport Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2016
My title is a sport instructor. My job is to simply teach basic mechanics, skills, movements and facilitate the game of play for whatever sport I am assigned which can vary from badminton to soccer. I have learned that everyone learns at a different pace and everyone has different skills levels. You must accommodate to them and be flexible in the way you instruct. Management is fairly organized and reliable. Emails are responded to quickly and issues are dealt with accordingly.
Fun & Inclusive Work Environment
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Current Employee), Huron Park Community CentreDecember 8, 2015
Pros: $$$$$
Cons: Need the qualifications
Being a lifeguard at Huron Park Community Centre is a great first job for any one who is qualified to do so. The hours are reasonable, the staff is amazing, & the work experience you will obtain is invaluable. I can say without a doubt that the approx 4 years that I have spent here has shaped me & turned me into a better person. I have learned how to deal with critical thinking situations & my customer service/interaction skills have definitely improved.
contract assignment
Project Administration Secretary (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: contract
Cons: contract
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Rewarding and Responsible work
Lifeguard/Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2013
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: bad management
great work environment when the management were not hovering over your shoulders, hours were decent but cut throat with all the good hours going to people who have it good with seniority, pay was decent better then flipping burgers, over-all learned a lot but would not recommend any friends or family members to work at the location I did for 8 years, and yes I wanted to quit on several occasions but the money spoke for itself

June 11, 2013

Ungrateful,sick,

Records Management/Facilities and Property Management
Office Assistant, (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: canadian experience
Cons: unpaid work
Assisting the Records Management Supervisor in creating new files to Realty Department on OMNIRIM Records Management System and doing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor . The hardest part of the job is to learn everything in a short period. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with an interesting supervisor and team workers.
non stressful environment
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: city pension, work with little supervision; you know what needs to be done and you follow through.
Cons: working outside in winter
It is a wonderful experience working with the City of Mississauga. You have a great support system when needed. My co-workers are happy with their job, so it means a happy work place. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with people. The hardest part is working outside in the cold.
The environment is very open and team oriented.
Senior Appraiser/Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: time constraints
Excellent place to work! The environment is very open and team oriented. A typical day includes working with various departments, collecting real estate data and completing appraisals on a timely basis. The hardest part of the job is time constraints between departments, while the best part of the job is the people I work with.
Parks and recreation
Parks long term labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2015
Working Outdoors is fun and a rewarding job, learning new skills on how to care for the environment is great knowledge. I am great team worker and get along with all diversities. I am able to follow directions and help others with out being asked to. Following direction and learning new things come easy for me, if i am not 100% clear on the task i will ask questions to do the job right.
Fun Work Place
Operations (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: work with good people, at times not too demanding
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work i go in and do floods and maintain the building, i learned how to drive a Zamboni, change taps, and a couple other things. My co-workers are pretty easy going guys as long as you do what is needed of you, the hardest part of my job is going to the pool to clean its usually the worst, the easiest part is driving the Zamboni.
Clarkson Pool
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2012
Pros: lifeguard
Cons: dealing with bad bone fractures.
For the year 2000 minimum wage was 6.85 an hour. My starting wage at 16 years old for a lifeguard was 10.28 an hour. Plus I worked with neighbourhood friends. Absolutely great job for any teenager into their early 20's. Great way to save money for post secondary education. Pay rates now have increased significantly in 12 years.
Fun place to work and great staff
Instructor and Camp Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 22, 2013
In order to succeed must enjoy being around children and must be able to think on the spot. Being able to improvise is a huge asset for any employee in this company. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with unhappy parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is when children come up to you and tell you how much they enjoyed their day.
rewarding
Skating Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: rewarding and good pay
Cons: short hours/ hard to come by
Working with the City of Mississauga for the past few years has taught me a lot about staying organized in an every changing work place. No day at the rink is the same. Developing a fun yet effective teaching style for all age groups is one of the most rewarding parts of the job.
I enjoyed working for the City of Mississauga. The people was nice and the atmosphere was pleasant.
Records and Information Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed my job while i worked at the city. I am a team player and am a very customer service oriented person. I did my tasked on a daily basis and I was always opened to other challenges as they presented itself.
Public service and busy team environment office workplace with the excellent exposure to the public.
Administrative Licensing Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2013
Excellent work place. Provided experienced in computer technology and in public service. The only problem was the contract employment and not future perspective of permanent employment.