CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing People
I.T. Student - Communications Analyst (co-op) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2014
IT is run by amazing people, learned many things, it really feels like a family when working with the people I did
Friendly work environment with a lot of collaboration between departments
Software Integration Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
City of Mississauga is a great place to work. Culture is friendly and very collaborative. The management is easily accessible and gives autonomy to employees. Great benefits and work/life balance
non stressful environment
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: city pension, work with little supervision; you know what needs to be done and you follow through.
Cons: working outside in winter
It is a wonderful experience working with the City of Mississauga. You have a great support system when needed. My co-workers are happy with their job, so it means a happy work place. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with people. The hardest part is working outside in the cold.
Day was too long
Report Clerk/Library Page (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: less help
Hardest part of the job was to maintain the service on the road
Great organization to work with
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2014
never a dull moment. This organization is very skilled at what they do, and they are very eager to serve the people of their community
Provincipal Government
Citizenship Chambers & Tour Guide (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 2, 2014
Pros: you work hard
Cons: no pay
Volunteering. No pay just food when your working. You have to be prepared to work when they call you.
rewarding
Skating Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: rewarding and good pay
Cons: short hours/ hard to come by
Working with the City of Mississauga for the past few years has taught me a lot about staying organized in an every changing work place. No day at the rink is the same. Developing a fun yet effective teaching style for all age groups is one of the most rewarding parts of the job.
Parks and Recreation
Fall Temp (Former Employee), City HallMarch 17, 2014
Fantastic work environment. Well organized for a Parks job.
I have greate experience workind at City of Mississauga
Help-Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2014
The whole staff is so co-operative.
I managed my stuff very intelligently.
I enjoy when I work in a group even working individually is also a great experience.
Great Place to Work
Coop student (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2014
Pros: gas compensation, float time, great team setting
Cons: long hours
A typical day was: responding to email, supervision of; worker, labours, installer. Also designing spaces, meeting with directors and management teams, working as a team, Lead communicator between projects and management teams.
Management team where very supportive and educated in the field as pertains to facility management, construction management – more... and interior design.
Hardest part of the job was balancing customer satisfaction, management needs, and worker relations during every stage of a project. – less
Relaxed and structured work place with great people
Camp Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fun and easy going staff
Cons: long hours and only one break, very tiring
Days are always structured and fun. Closely monitored with lots of interaction with superiors and children. Short breaks, which go by fast but being around children constantly to have fun.
Great experience
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Great people, good hours. There's a gallery in the building to go to on your lunch.
This job requires focus and detail.
Provided an excellent flexible work hours.
Transit Checker Team Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: temporary job conditions
Excellent environment
Flexible working hours
Friendly environment
Fun place to work and great staff
Instructor and Camp Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 22, 2013
In order to succeed must enjoy being around children and must be able to think on the spot. Being able to improvise is a huge asset for any employee in this company. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with unhappy parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is when children come up to you and tell you how much they enjoyed their day.
Great learning experience and work place
Project Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2013
People work as a team and are very cooperative. One can a have a true work-life balance.
Public service and busy team environment office workplace with the excellent exposure to the public.
Administrative Licensing Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2013
Excellent work place. Provided experienced in computer technology and in public service. The only problem was the contract employment and not future perspective of permanent employment.
great staff and facilities
Deck Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 14, 2013
Pros: personalized hours
Cons: seasonal
repetitive
Awesome hours
young staff
different choices of facilities
I enjoyed working for the City of Mississauga. The people was nice and the atmosphere was pleasant.
Records and Information Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed my job while i worked at the city. I am a team player and am a very customer service oriented person. I did my tasked on a daily basis and I was always opened to other challenges as they presented itself.
it was fun ,and loved working with different people
Seasonal Temp (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: different areas of work
Cons: temp work
you learn alot about different areas that you are working ,and as well machines ,the hours are great ,but they must hire more people then doing temps all the time
The environment is very open and team oriented.
Senior Appraiser/Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: time constraints
Excellent place to work! The environment is very open and team oriented. A typical day includes working with various departments, collecting real estate data and completing appraisals on a timely basis. The hardest part of the job is time constraints between departments, while the best part of the job is the people I work with.

About CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

Mississauga is a city in Southern Ontario, Canada. It lies on the shores of Lake Ontario, located in the Regional Municipality – Read more