CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and benefitcial time served
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2016
I would spend some time preparing gym equipment for upcoming programs like yoga and sometimes while doing so, I would get also get an equal benefit in using them for exercising and working out.
Pros
Free Workouts after work
Cons
longer hours
Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work is enjoying 8 hours a day, five days a week providing excellent service for my customers and making sure they are happy.
Amazing workplace
Section Head (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 1, 2016
Gained tremendous experience here, have a wonderful time in the process. Great first job and excelled me towards something better
Enjoyble work environment with good job flexibility for hours
LifeGuard/ Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 13, 2016
Job consists primarily of guarding and or instructing, has taught me many organizational and time management skills. Bosses are generally very clear about what is going on and what needs to be done which is nice.
Pros
Frequent Breaks
Cons
Repetitive Tasks
Fast paced and fun workplace.
CASHIER AT ERIN MILLS TWIN ARENA (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at Erin Mills Arena would involve doing the mandatory opening and closing cleaning and food preparation tasks. It would also include cash handling and customer service experience. I have improved my communication skills through this job which I believe will continue to benefit me throughout my working career. The management and other co-workers at Erin Mills Arena all make the job more enjoyable and an inviting place to work.
Pros
Great people
Productive and straight forward
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Malton, ONApril 6, 2016
Job was straight forward, you show up, get out there and teach for 3-4 hours. Then guard for another 1.5 hours (rotational shift to get your break in). Management was good, somewhat disconnected from staff due to location and job requirements.
The hardest part of the job tends to be dealing with delinquents, or trying to move up in the management chain, as almost everyone is qualified to move up, so the line is quite long.
Co-workers were great, very friendly and helpful people. Always a good time.
Most enjoyable part of the job is definitely hearing back from the children/adults/parents etc. and hearing that you really made a difference.
Pros
Nice to be able to hop in on a hot day.
Cons
Breaks we're never frequent enough or long enough.
Amazing Experience!
Assistant Camp Leader/ Leader in Training (LIT) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Everyday was great, working with children and fellow leaders, setting up activities and helping other camp leaders out. Co-operation with others and teaming up to solve a problem was a key theme in this job, but that built a lot of strong bonds between the leaders and campers. By far the hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all of the amazing campers and leaders at the end of each week, but the next week would have a whole new array of energetic and playful children.
Great place to work.
Information Technology Co-op Technician Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2016
It was a fun and positive environment to work in. My time there was a very knowledgeable. I recommend working here. If i had a chance to go back I would.
A great place to work at
Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 7, 2016
work environment is like a family and i would love to work here again. lots of computer work but not enough sunlight. overall its a calm environment and co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
indoor environment
Cons
a lot of sitting
Culture is Static... old school... no vision to improve
System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 26, 2016
IT Culture... chaotic... no desire to improve... IT foundation is a disaster...no Engineering principals, design etc ... Very armature technical folks..
Pros
NONE...
Cons
Set in their ways... to desire to improve
Great experience reffing
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Loved the environment at the rinks across Mississauga, the staff are very helpful and my partners have been great. Awesome flexibility with hours per week.
Fun workplace and sporty environment in which I thrive in
Sport Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2016
My title is a sport instructor. My job is to simply teach basic mechanics, skills, movements and facilitate the game of play for whatever sport I am assigned which can vary from badminton to soccer. I have learned that everyone learns at a different pace and everyone has different skills levels. You must accommodate to them and be flexible in the way you instruct. Management is fairly organized and reliable. Emails are responded to quickly and issues are dealt with accordingly.
Wonderful Place
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
Nothing better to say! I'm really thankful that this was my first job and I'm still working there. I would gladly recommend anyone to work here.
Fun & Inclusive Work Environment
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Huron Park Community CentreDecember 8, 2015
Being a lifeguard at Huron Park Community Centre is a great first job for any one who is qualified to do so. The hours are reasonable, the staff is amazing, & the work experience you will obtain is invaluable. I can say without a doubt that the approx 4 years that I have spent here has shaped me & turned me into a better person. I have learned how to deal with critical thinking situations & my customer service/interaction skills have definitely improved.
Pros
$$$$$
Cons
Need the qualifications
Productive and fun workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2015
A friendly environment with supportive co-workers and supervisors.
Best place to work with the celebration square outside the office and ice- skating during the winter
Skating Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2015
Awesome to work with. Very helpful.
Friendly people to work with
Can choose the hours that you want to work as well as the facility you want to work at
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2015
Accepted via online application, no prior network within the organization. They recognize international work experience.

Great work life balance.
Pros
Promotes work life balance
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent position
Great place to gain experience
Basketball Drop-in Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2015
Loved working here, learned a lot from great colleagues who have been with the city for many years. Management is very supportive and there is lots of opportunity to try your hands at various roles.
Working with fun
SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
Nice place to work. working atmosphere is very good. Fun work place with supportive management. Personally grow and develop
It was a fun experience
Part Time Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2015
It was a fun place to work and the management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.

4.6