CITY OF MISSISSAUGA

CITY OF MISSISSAUGA Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace and sporty environment in which I thrive in
Sport Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2016
My title is a sport instructor. My job is to simply teach basic mechanics, skills, movements and facilitate the game of play for whatever sport I am assigned which can vary from badminton to soccer. I have learned that everyone learns at a different pace and everyone has different skills levels. You must accommodate to them and be flexible in the way you instruct. Management is fairly organized and reliable. Emails are responded to quickly and issues are dealt with accordingly.
Amazing Experience!
Assistant Camp Leader/ Leader in Training (LIT) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Everyday was great, working with children and fellow leaders, setting up activities and helping other camp leaders out. Co-operation with others and teaming up to solve a problem was a key theme in this job, but that built a lot of strong bonds between the leaders and campers. By far the hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all of the amazing campers and leaders at the end of each week, but the next week would have a whole new array of energetic and playful children.
Detail Orientated and Highly Analytical
Global Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
My role focused on the following:

Holding a central role in defining, planning, and leading/managing the short- and long-term Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) expansion plan for multinational companies within a defined market (or set of markets) to ensure FDI targets are met and exceeded.

Develop regional approaches to attract FDI and strategic partnership ventures both locally and abroad.

Monitor and assess the effectiveness of current marketing plans that directly relate to target markets; prepare status reports and RFI’s for Executive team leaders;

Attract, establish and maintain strong global connections and relationships with international partners including public and private sector organizations, institutions (i.e. Sheridan International Centre) and service providers;

Plan, implement and execute marketing strategies within budget, timeline and City of Mississauga guidelines.

Provide leadership, guidance and direction to staff; maximizing department performance.
Fun & Inclusive Work Environment
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Huron Park Community CentreDecember 8, 2015
Being a lifeguard at Huron Park Community Centre is a great first job for any one who is qualified to do so. The hours are reasonable, the staff is amazing, & the work experience you will obtain is invaluable. I can say without a doubt that the approx 4 years that I have spent here has shaped me & turned me into a better person. I have learned how to deal with critical thinking situations & my customer service/interaction skills have definitely improved.
Pros
$$$$$
Cons
Need the qualifications
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2015
Accepted via online application, no prior network within the organization. They recognize international work experience.

Great work life balance.
Pros
Promotes work life balance
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent position
Culture is Static... old school... no vision to improve
System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 26, 2016
IT Culture... chaotic... no desire to improve... IT foundation is a disaster...no Engineering principals, design etc ... Very armature technical folks..
Pros
NONE...
Cons
Set in their ways... to desire to improve
A great place to work at
Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 7, 2016
work environment is like a family and i would love to work here again. lots of computer work but not enough sunlight. overall its a calm environment and co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
indoor environment
Cons
a lot of sitting
Great place to gain experience
Basketball Drop-in Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2015
Loved working here, learned a lot from great colleagues who have been with the city for many years. Management is very supportive and there is lots of opportunity to try your hands at various roles.
Great place to work.
Information Technology Co-op Technician Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2016
It was a fun and positive environment to work in. My time there was a very knowledgeable. I recommend working here. If i had a chance to go back I would.
Excellent pay
Maintenance personnel (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2015
The salary is excellent for city workers. The supervisors listen to feedback. They are flexible with schedules.Would work again
Great experience reffing
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Loved the environment at the rinks across Mississauga, the staff are very helpful and my partners have been great. Awesome flexibility with hours per week.
Great Place to Work
Coop student (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 2, 2014
A typical day was: responding to email, supervision of; worker, labours, installer. Also designing spaces, meeting with directors and management teams, working as a team, Lead communicator between projects and management teams.
Management team where very supportive and educated in the field as pertains to facility management, construction management and interior design.
Hardest part of the job was balancing customer satisfaction, management needs, and worker relations during every stage of a project.
Pros
gas compensation, float time, great team setting
It was a fun experience
Part Time Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2015
It was a fun place to work and the management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Wonderful Place
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
Nothing better to say! I'm really thankful that this was my first job and I'm still working there. I would gladly recommend anyone to work here.
Working with fun
SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
Nice place to work. working atmosphere is very good. Fun work place with supportive management. Personally grow and develop
Productive and fun workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2015
A friendly environment with supportive co-workers and supervisors.
Best place to work with the celebration square outside the office and ice- skating during the winter
Skating Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2015
Awesome to work with. Very helpful.
Friendly people to work with
Can choose the hours that you want to work as well as the facility you want to work at
Friendly work environment with a lot of collaboration between departments
Software Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
City of Mississauga is a great place to work. Culture is friendly and very collaborative. The management is easily accessible and gives autonomy to employees. Great benefits and work/life balance
Aquatics Supervisor/ Lifeguard/Facility Operations (Current Employee) –  .November 28, 2014
Outstanding management, salary and compensation, providing a great experience to develop as a working professional
Probably one of the best companies I've worked for.
Skate Safety Patrol (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Hours were very flexible and coworkers were incredibly down to Earth. The one thing I wish improved was the pay as it is not one you can live independently with.

4.5