City of Medicine Hat Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Disappointment
Superintendent of Planning, Implementation (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 5, 2016
Senior Management at the time would not support effective planning. They undermined every reasonable effort to advance good planning practices. Extremely high turnover in staff due to senior management behavior. Hiring, mentoring and training new staff was difficult given the attitude and behavior of senior management accommodations to those violating the laws and written policies of the city. Staff tried their best in all departments to work around this challenge but it was difficult at best. It took new leadership and a change in council to bring about more effective planning efforts.
Horrible
hired slave (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 22, 2016
Horrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad of a employer that the City of Medicine Hat is. Passive-aggressive supervisors always passing the buck. Culture is a joke, lots of talk but certainly no action. 0 job security at all. Employee's are baited against each other, backstabbing is the mantra. If you think this is a stable work environment you are far from the truth. AVOID at all costs.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership, bad culture and work environment
Great Company
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABOctober 27, 2012
Great co-workers, good atmosphere
Accepting of ideas, great shift schedule
Long drive
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 12, 2013
Great part time job. Know your schedule from September to March. Easy to work around.

Comment – April 24, 2013

Hi I received a call from Medicine Hat for 911 Dispatcher and it is a "casual position". Currently, i live in Toronto, Ontario. I am in dilemma if i should accept this job or not. I am willing to move but not sure if it will ever go full time or how many hours i will get and for how much time. In toronto i am doing about 13/hr full time job. Not sure if it is a good idea to move to Alberta. I work in security and graduated in police foundation diploma. I would really appreciate your advise and if you can tell me more about this job. Thanks