City of Markham Employee Review

View all City of Markham reviews

Productive and Safe Workplace, Awful Social Environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 January 2014
As a lifeguard, I would arrive 15 minutes early, ready myself in uniform with first-aid supplies and would go through 15 minute rotations (with a break of the same amount of time every hour) throughout my lifeguarding shift. The pool and deck would then be cleared of ropes and toys, as well as closed and locked before all employees left. Here, I first started developing lifeguarding and teaching skills, such as how to make lessons fun and safe, as well as proper patron surveillance and first-aid techniques. The senior management was largely supportive and helpful, but the junior management and co-workers were not. They would be largely critical and disrespectful, and would make any new employees such as myself feel as they did not belong and were terrible at their jobs. This made the hardest part coming to and preparing for work, and the best part leaving it at the end of the day.
Pros
Supportive supervisors and senior management team
Cons
Disrespectful junior supervisors and staff members

Other City of Markham Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 November 2017
I volunteered there for a summer and really enjoyed myself. I had nice co-workers, welcoming environment, activities were well-organized. Overall good experience
Fun and interesting place
Trim crew and Garden/Lawn Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2017
I learned a lot of valuable maintenance skills while working with the City. Learned a bit about weed Identification and the proper way to trim and mow lawns, and the proper way to maintain them through the season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Markham. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2