CITY OF LONDON Employee Review

View all CITY OF LONDON reviews

Thought this would be a great learning experience, more frustrating and drained my self-esteem
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dearness20 November 2013
-Poor management of Kitchen/Dietary positions, lack of communication between management.
-Too many different departments in charge of different areas and no communication.
-Overall staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, however senior staff members only familiar with their positions, unreliable to ask questions that are out of their every routine.
-Asking someone "how are you doing" at the beginning of a shift is NOT a clear way of asking how they are doing pertaining to the job.
-More than once scheduled for shifts NOT trained on, then criticized when tasks were done incorrectly/wrong.
-Heard positive reviews from co-workers members, yet negative reviews from management.
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
Did not feel welcome, didn't feel appreciated.

Other CITY OF LONDON Employee Reviews

Seasonal work, learned alot
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Working at the city of london was great! I learned alot about how our city is kept clean and who fixes our citys problems. The people i worked with was an amazing group of full-time employees and seasonal workers like myself.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Waking up at 4 to start a 5-1 shift
Productive and fun workplace environment
Temporary Labourer- Exeter Road Yard (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
I learned to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals. Public service provided me with the skills to interact with the community positively. Time management was a must especially when posing Health and Safety Risks such as replacing manholes, sidewalk and road replacement, pothole filling. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks