CITY OF LONDON

CITY OF LONDON Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with Children
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
- Long, but fun and interesting
- How to be more patient and understanding
- Great management
- My co-workers were all kind, outgoing people. All great with kids.
- Long hours
- Working with the children
Everyone was helpful and pleasant
Elections Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 9, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful
Cons: none ... the day was long.
The short time I was there was interesting and I was able to make some new friends and experience a different line of work. I enjoyed the day of the election very much.
Great people
Facilities Summer Student (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 17, 2014
The evening staff are all very friendly, we worked well together. Some of the jobs were monotonous and gross or tedious, but what job doesn't have those tasks?
productive and fun workplace
Building Attendant/Facility Program Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONMay 1, 2014
lock and unlock buildings, administer first aid if needed to a variety of user groups in the building
Learning Something New
Point of Sale Staff (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Opening Park
Managing Money
Balancing Til
Working closely with the public
Busy working conditions
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 3, 2014
On a typical day of work I would log in samples of wastewater samples from various stages in the treatment process. I would then perform analysis for suspended solids, total solids, volatile solids, pH and alkalinity on the days samples. The lab was very well managed and had a great work environment. While I mostly worked alone there were always other – more... co-workers there to assist me if I needed help with something. I was also able to assist them with their workloads performing other types of analysis. The most difficult part of the job was time management. It took a lot of experience to figure out the timing of the different analysis and determine the order to do them in so as to maximize the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the atmosphere in the lab. It was always a friendly atmosphere but it was professional at the same time. – less
Thought this would be a great learning experience, more frustrating and drained my self-esteem
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), DearnessNovember 20, 2013
Pros: friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons: did not feel welcome, didn't feel appreciated.
-Poor management of Kitchen/Dietary positions, lack of communication between management.
-Too many different departments in charge of different areas and no communication.
-Overall staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, however senior staff members only familiar with their positions, unreliable to ask questions that are out of their every routine.
-Asking – more... someone "how are you doing" at the beginning of a shift is NOT a clear way of asking how they are doing pertaining to the job.
-More than once scheduled for shifts NOT trained on, then criticized when tasks were done incorrectly/wrong.
-Heard positive reviews from co-workers members, yet negative reviews from management. – less
Athletic Environment, Well trained employees, great at keeping employees up to date on training
Instructor/ Lifeguard (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 4, 2013
Pros: interacting and helping people who were interested in learning to swim, being able to help people in need
Cons: pay, busy recreational swims during the summer, short breaks, writing lots of report cards
- teaching swimming lessons, and aqua fit
- lifeguarding during recreational swims
- constantly scanning the pool while moving around area
-performing rescues and first aid when needed
- speaking with patrons and parents of swimmers in lessons
-writing report cards and examining swimmer's abilities
- giving constant feedback on how swimmers could improve
-keeping – more... up with training, skills check-lists, and fitness – less
productive
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 5, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: few hours
FUN WORKPLACE, WORKING CLOSE TO THE PEOPLE, RESPECT TO CO-WORKERS
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Executive Co-op Student (Former Employee), City Hall, London, OntarioDecember 21, 2011
Pros: team oriented, assistance when needed
Cons: slow at times
Working with a team of people from City Hall was a wonderful experience. We worked together finish everything that was set on our desk that day plus start other projects for the next day. Everyone is ready an willing to assits your development in any way they can.
Great
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 11, 2014
Great place to work with wonderful people. You feel like your part of a family instead of working a job.