City of Lethbridge Employee Reviews

i had the best supervisor.
ARENA OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 September 2017
co workers were awesome. taught me a lot and gained a lot of experience. would like to go back one day. also would like to further my education in recreation management.
Pros
experience
Cons
part time
Self Op Food and Beverage Department of the City of Lethbridge
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 May 2017
Food and beverage operations in an Arena. WHL hockey team is the main tenant. Concerts, trade shows back fill the hockey schedule. Fun environment to work in. Pressure position, majority of the business is done in compressed periods of time
Pros
Slower times of the year affording time off
Cons
Long days on Event Days
A good parttime job for weekends
Concession Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 April 2017
Good Management the job is self contained you do it with no supervision adjust your hours to fit the need of the community Set up and tear down is your sole responsibility
Contentious
Facility services technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 January 2017
Political and liars
Too many bosses and they were not willing to do their jobs. They let people get away with illegal things.
I was admittedly wrongfully dismisses
Casual work which was interesting and varied
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 June 2016
I found my work with the city interesting. Unfortunately it was only casual so I didn't get enough hours. I learned skills I hadn't had previously like dealing with cash and that was good.
Fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 February 2016
Good environment
Make drinks
easy work
Flexible hours
understanding management
overall great casual job
only con is you don't get enough hours because events are limited
A forward thinking community
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 February 2016
The City of Lethbridge is continually growing and is always striveing to better itself. It consists of nearly 40 City operated businesses. Our city officials understand we are a changing community and do their best to provide outlets and services to increase the quality of living.

My position at ENMAX Centre was vital in supplying entertainment and recreation opportunities to our public. ENMAX Centre is the largest indoor entertainment venue in the City and is home to the bulk of big music, culture, and recreation.

As a City employee you really are made to feel like your position makes a difference in the community in which you live. A city job is the paramount example of accountability and pride in the workplace.

It can be difficult striving to complete projects underneath a very structured sprawling city business dynamic within an incredibly organic and creative industry. The head-on challenges you face alongside a large team of varying departments/skill sets is what ultimately makes it the most enjoyable.
Pros
A job that means something and makes a difference in your community
Cons
Politics
Good pay and good atmosphere
Parks Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 January 2016
It is a great place to work with good compensation and a good balance of work and home life. There is always opportunit for advancement.
eye-opening
CARPENTER (APPRENTICE) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 December 2015
When i first started this apprenticeship, i didn't know what exactly i wanted to do as far as a career. I was always good at making movies and directing, but i wanted something more secure. thankfully during the apprenticeship, i realized carpentry was a way that i could get a career but also be close to something i love. it opened my eyes.
Pros
you could buy chips, pop, chocolate bars at lunch
Great work environment!
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 October 2014
healthy work environment, positive attitudes obtained friendships from colleagues, positively helping the public
Pros
little to no stressful
Cons
found it not challenging enough

Want to know more about City of Lethbridge?

Ask a question
Some very good years while employed with the City of Lethbridge
Customer Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 August 2014
The City of Lethbridge was good employer, in my position i was able to arrange my own workday except when an emergency came in. Some days in order to gain access to the meter to do repairs i would have to start my shift at an earlier time and possibly work later, And let my supervisor know where and what i was doing, We as city employees had a very good benefit package and the wages were very much in line, Job safety was first class, Working in the water Meter room it was a team effort , we helped each other when needed, I was very happy to have worked for the City of Lethbridge, I retired in 1999 after 27 years of service.
Good Employer
Labourer II/ Customer Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 March 2014
Good pay, good benefits, lots of work outside. Overtime not required but pays double.
life at the city of lethbridge
Machine Operator V (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 November 2013
40 hour work week great for family life not alot of overtime to supplement your income
Secure consistent work
Heavy Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 September 2012
During the summer I worked on the paving crew running rollers, skid steer, tandem trucks and physical labour. In Winter doing snow removal running front end loader, snow plows and sanders. Also in between seasons running street sweeper. Learned to work as a team to complete the job, and how to run numerous equipment safely in all weather conditions. We had a tight knit crew who worked hard and had fun. The hardest part of the job was long days in the summer heat. But I enjoyed the work and seeing the end product at the end of the day.
Pros
secure stable work
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement