CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Review

View all CITY OF KITCHENER reviews

Great place to work but not very challenging
Arena Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2014
I would open the building around 5:30 am. Check and make sure the ice had been resurfaced. If not I would resurface it. I would then check and see if the dressing rooms are cleaned. I would clean the bathrooms and clean up any garbage lying around along with emptying the garbage cans. People would then be assigned dressing rooms and keys.
The water pressure readings must be taken every two hours and equipment must be checked and constantly maintained.
Cash was handled for rentals and stock updated. Security of the building was involved on a daily basis and customer complaints were taken care of. Maintenance of the landscape surrounding the building in winter and summer was required.
I learned about how to handle people and deal with various ages and personalities. I also learned how to operate machinery of various sorts and how to resurface the ice properly to keep it safe and operational.
Management was friendly and listened well to complaints. Staff were fun to work with and always helpful.
The hardest part of the job irregularity of shifts.
he most enjoyable part of my job was driving the ice resurfacer and working with my colleagues.
Pros
Easy, fun job
Cons
Low pay and not very challenging.

Other CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work!
Environmental Services Attendant, McLennan Park (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 November 2017
The City of Kitchener is an excellent corporation to work for. Management seeks to improve work environment and support all employee needs. I recommend the City of Kitchener.
Great Place!
Student Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 August 2017
Awesome place to work! It is a great and fun work environment that every person can enjoy. There is a lot of room to grow and move up in job positions.