CITY OF KITCHENER

CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 1, 2015
- teaching children, teenagers and adults the importance of swimming safety and swimming skills
- i have learned to cooperate and work with other types of people
- the hardest part of the job is the cooperation of coworkers
- the most enjoyable part of the job would be the time spent in the water swimming and
Great people with a clear, common, goal.
Desktop Support/Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 25, 2015
The City of Kitchener was the best role I've had, ever. The people make the difference, their focus on the task of running a city is clear and benefits everyone who lives there. They love their jobs and it shows.
Enjoyable work environment
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Loved working for the city, I worked for the kitchener market doing maintenance for three years too bad I grew up and had to get a full time job.
A friendly enviroment
Assistant (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJuly 30, 2014
Pros: everything you can think of, gets you out of the house, friendly staff
Cons: n/a
It was easy to get along with the other other employees. Everyone was treated equal, and it was a nice place to work at with many areas to be employed in. To be employed by Kitchener Parks and Recreation is just like you would imagine it to be, and it feels so awesome just like as if you were a member of a club or when your just there in general, it makes you feel good about yourself.
Great place to work but not very challenging
Arena Attendant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: easy, fun job
Cons: low pay and not very challenging.
I would open the building around 5:30 am. Check and make sure the ice had been resurfaced. If not I would resurface it. I would then check and see if the dressing rooms are cleaned. I would clean the bathrooms and clean up any garbage lying around along with emptying the garbage cans. People would then be assigned dressing rooms and keys.
The water pressure readings must be taken every two hours and equipment must be checked and constantly maintained.
Cash was handled for rentals and stock updated. Security of the building was involved on a daily basis and customer complaints were taken care of. Maintenance of the landscape surrounding the building in winter and summer was required.
I learned about how to handle people and deal with various ages and personalities. I also learned how to operate machinery of various sorts and how to resurface the ice properly to keep it safe and operational.
Management was friendly and listened well to complaints. Staff were fun to work with and always helpful.
The hardest part of the job irregularity of shifts.
he most enjoyable part of my job was driving the ice resurfacer and working with my colleagues.
Great work place
Building Maintenance ( Part Time ) (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2012
I enjoy my partime work with this company my co workers are great and management is easy to deal with. The best part of my job is cleaning floors.

January 24, 2013

Great comment. Very helpful review .Tanks :)

great first job
Summer Playgrounds Coordinator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 17, 2012
Pros: great leadership challenge
Cons: summer job
Management of 10-12 different dare care programs, staffing training and supervising 22 staff members.

A great way to start my leadership/management career.