CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
wonderful management wonderful working experience
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Homing my life skills of being curteous, patient and understanding as well as a good listener.
Cons: none
I safely cross school children across a busy street to and from school each day. I am on duty for fifty minutes in the morning and another fifty minutes in the afternoon. My manager is kind and understanding and goes to great lengths to satisfy anything I ask for be it a day off or a sick day or vacation time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and greeting the children and parents I cross each day.....they are truly wonderful people. The kids are delightful and so are the parents. The hardest part is getting the kids across the street safely and dealing with impatient drivers who do not want to slow down or stop in heavy traffic. I have learned to be very patient with these drivers and explain nicely the rules of the crossing zones and then get my children safely across the street Most of the drivers are very courteous and understanding. There are really no bad days on this job at all....It is all pretty perfect.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service (Usher) (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Excellent place to work

Its also a very fun culture as your working in a place where others are being entertained at the Kitchener Auditorium.
Great benefits and good salary, supervisors not well trained to manage people
Job Analyst (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 21, 2015
They are really trying to create an open, productive work culture, but the management needs to have better tools and be better trained to deal with people.
Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 1, 2015
- teaching children, teenagers and adults the importance of swimming safety and swimming skills
- i have learned to cooperate and work with other types of people
- the hardest part of the job is the cooperation of coworkers
- the most enjoyable part of the job would be the time spent in the water swimming and
Great people with a clear, common, goal.
Desktop Support/Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 25, 2015
The City of Kitchener was the best role I've had, ever. The people make the difference, their focus on the task of running a city is clear and benefits everyone who lives there. They love their jobs and it shows.
Enjoyable work environment
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Loved working for the city, I worked for the kitchener market doing maintenance for three years too bad I grew up and had to get a full time job.
A friendly enviroment
Assistant (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJuly 30, 2014
Pros: everything you can think of, gets you out of the house, friendly staff
Cons: n/a
It was easy to get along with the other other employees. Everyone was treated equal, and it was a nice place to work at with many areas to be employed in. To be employed by Kitchener Parks and Recreation is just like you would imagine it to be, and it feels so awesome just like as if you were a member of a club or when your just there in general, it makes you feel good about yourself.
Great place to work but not very challenging
Arena Attendant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: easy, fun job
Cons: low pay and not very challenging.
I would open the building around 5:30 am. Check and make sure the ice had been resurfaced. If not I would resurface it. I would then check and see if the dressing rooms are cleaned. I would clean the bathrooms and clean up any garbage lying around along with emptying the garbage cans. People would then be assigned dressing rooms and keys.
The water pressure readings must be taken every two hours and equipment must be checked and constantly maintained.
Cash was handled for rentals and stock updated. Security of the building was involved on a daily basis and customer complaints were taken care of. Maintenance of the landscape surrounding the building in winter and summer was required.
I learned about how to handle people and deal with various ages and personalities. I also learned how to operate machinery of various sorts and how to resurface the ice properly to keep it safe and operational.
Management was friendly and listened well to complaints. Staff were fun to work with and always helpful.
The hardest part of the job irregularity of shifts.
he most enjoyable part of my job was driving the ice resurfacer and working with my colleagues.
Great work place
Building Maintenance ( Part Time ) (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2012
I enjoy my partime work with this company my co workers are great and management is easy to deal with. The best part of my job is cleaning floors.

January 24, 2013

Great comment. Very helpful review .Tanks :)

great first job
Summer Playgrounds Coordinator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 17, 2012
Pros: great leadership challenge
Cons: summer job
Management of 10-12 different dare care programs, staffing training and supervising 22 staff members.

A great way to start my leadership/management career.