CITY OF KITCHENER

CITY OF KITCHENER Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work but not very challenging
Arena Attendant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: easy, fun job
Cons: low pay and not very challenging.
I would open the building around 5:30 am. Check and make sure the ice had been resurfaced. If not I would resurface it. I would then check and see if the dressing rooms are cleaned. I would clean the bathrooms and clean up any garbage lying around along with emptying the garbage cans. People would then be assigned dressing rooms and keys.
The water – more... pressure readings must be taken every two hours and equipment must be checked and constantly maintained.
Cash was handled for rentals and stock updated. Security of the building was involved on a daily basis and customer complaints were taken care of. Maintenance of the landscape surrounding the building in winter and summer was required.
I learned about how to handle people and deal with various ages and personalities. I also learned how to operate machinery of various sorts and how to resurface the ice properly to keep it safe and operational.
Management was friendly and listened well to complaints. Staff were fun to work with and always helpful.
The hardest part of the job irregularity of shifts.
he most enjoyable part of my job was driving the ice resurfacer and working with my colleagues. – less
Great work place
Building Maintenance ( Part Time ) (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2012
I enjoy my partime work with this company my co workers are great and management is easy to deal with. The best part of my job is cleaning floors.

January 24, 2013

Great comment. Very helpful review .Tanks :)

Enjoyable summer job
Youth Drop-in Leader (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 22, 2012
-Designed and implemented recreational programming to youth
-Supervise activities and enthusiastically participate in all events
great first job
Summer Playgrounds Coordinator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 17, 2012
Pros: great leadership challenge
Cons: summer job
Management of 10-12 different dare care programs, staffing training and supervising 22 staff members.

A great way to start my leadership/management career.