POSITION: CASHIER OFFICE WORKER
HOURS OF WORK: PART-TIME < 18.75
Weekend work required
Eligible for other relief hours when available
JOB GROUP/HOURLY RATE: Increment #1 - $13.66 p/hour
Increment levels will apply
To provide cashier and office duties at the Kimberley Aquatic Centre. Summary of the duties include telephone and front office enquiries, computer data entry, filing, record keeping, program registration, aquatic centre bookings, assistance with special event and facility programming. Shift work and flexible work hours will be required to effectively perform the duties of this position.
EDUCATION: Must have completed a minimum one year Business Administration certificate or higher. Sufficient education or previous work related experience or training is an asset.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES Occupational First Aid Level 1 or higher
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years receptionist and cashier experience
- Proficient in use of MS Office (i.e. Excel and WORD),
- Cash handling, bookkeeping and record keeping
- Familiar with various office machines (i.e. adding machine)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to work in an often fast-paced/multi-task environment
- High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic
- Self starter, confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Good team player
- Ability to relate to all levels of employee status
- EDUCATION: Leisure Services or Recreation related courses
- EXPERIENCE: Aquatic Centre training with experience using MAX Solutions
- CERTIFICATIONS: Super Host, Conflict Resolution, Pool Safety
Qualifications must be outlined with verifications of education/certification attached.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a City of Kimberley application form, a covering letter and resume. Applications will be received up to 12:00 noon local time, Monday, July 8, 2013 and must be addressed in confidence to:
Human Resources Officer
City of Kimberley
340 Spokane Street, Kimberley BC V1A 2E8
E-mail: (Submissions in Word or .pdf formats only)
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.