CITY OF KELOWNA Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not a family supportive place to work.
Accounts Receivable Data Entry (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Waterfront
Cons: Heavy workload
I was a temp employee in the finance dept. I had been there for two months, however, I had a daycare situation and I could not come into work due to the daycare closing down, I was in a real predicament being a single parent. I advised work of situation and then management wrote me up a bad review which was sent to Human Resources. To say the least, I was never called again for any temp positions. If you have children, don't apply here as they will not be supportive or understanding.
My co-workers were great
Utility maintenance worker (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 15, 2015
Working for the city gave me the opportunity to get my DZ drivers licence. I gain a lot of experience with machinery and construction in sewer, water and drainage system.
worked as an admin assistant
Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great work place balance
Cons: Don't have any cons
Great place to work. I was a casual worker so I had the chance to work at the Landfill, City Yards, Waste Water Treatment plant, City Hall, the Parks department. Best place to work for me was at the Landfill because they have a fun loving crew out there.
organizing the annual provincial seniors' games
Office Adminstrator (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: beautiful banquet dinners
Cons: lomg hours
Fast paced environment, very demanding, long hours but very rewarding and much fun. Management were great and accommodating. Volunteers were recruited to help and maintaining steady help was difficult but not impossible. Trying to accomplish all duties into one day resulted in long hours because of the pressure to put the games on in time. Once the games were underway and awards given at the end, it was very rewarding to see everything worked out superb.
One of my favourite annual writing contracts
Freelance writer/photographer for local (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 26, 2014
This is an annual contract I get each Spring to write up the awards show for the Kelowna Civic Awards. I'm given about 10 pages of information on each finalist and have to create a 100 word summary that is entertaining and informative enough that people can sit through listening to all 66 of them without getting bored.
Recreation
Recreation (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Organized and managed client responsibility as well as facilitated all responsibilities related to planning and marketing of performance based instruction
great place to be
Loader Operator (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 8, 2013
Pros: free bbq, you get every tool you need to do the job
Cons: long hours, 7 day a week
every day is different, still learning, nice co-workers,You have to be alert all the time. You be most of the time on yourself, no supervision