CITY OF HAMILTON

CITY OF HAMILTON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no enthusias
plow truck driver (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: shift times were great
Cons: very bad enviourment
full time workers are very lazy, full of complaints and no work ethics what so ever
Lots of new things to learn
Application Developer (as Co-Op Student) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: its in jackson square, easy to get variety of food
a typical day at work: Solve user issues, work on small and mid scale project
what you learned: Many technical things + How Corporate works
management: Every thing is completely structured
your co-workers: All are highly educated and experienced
the hardest part of the job: None
the most enjoyable part of the job: Start Learning Sharepoint
Fun Workplace
Pre-natal Intake Secretary (Former Employee), Dundas, OntarioJanuary 2, 2013
- Busy switchboard consisting of pregnant women wanting to book pre-natal classes, wonderful opportunity to connect with women at this most exciting time in their lives.
- Working with a group of medical professionals was very new - enjoyed supporting a team and experiencing the very different needs of a Public Health Services department as opposed – more... to a professional office environment.
- Co-workers were so helpful in learning the ropes - really engage you to part of the team – less
dream job
Civil Contract Inspector (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 26, 2012
there is not one negative thing i can say about working for the city of hamilton. If i could i would go back and work there until i retire
productive
Support Facility Attendant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 15, 2012
organized,time management, work in team environement, communication used,
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 19, 2012
Lots of action always going on at City Hall. Work for the Director of Planning & Economic Development.
Flexible environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee), Public Works, City of HamiltonOctober 17, 2012
Anything from Power Point presentation photos to labels, to spread sheets to preparing gift packages, or proof reading. It was nice to play again in Power point or Adobe Illustrator. Love the variety not to mention the great team I work with.
A great way to earn money at a young age
Coach children (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: working with children
Cons: limited hours
Typical day at work would be greeting kids, teach the class then continue teaching classes and either go home or guard the pool after lessons. I learned time managment skills, social skills, teaching skills and learned to be more confident. My co-workers were all really nice people all willing to answer any of my questions and always had eachothers – more... backs. The hardest part of the job was the report cards. Going home and finishing everyone of those report cards on time, putting the right stickers with the right badge on the right report card for the right student. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the kids have fun in my classes and helping them succeed. – less
A great way to earn money at a young age
Coach children (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: close, stress free!!
At such a young age this was a fantastic steady job for me. I got to spend time with kids that I had a lot of fun with, help them with homework, on occasion make dinner for them and over all we just had a great time together.
Productive and fun workplace
Community Planning Technician (Former Employee), 71 Main St W Hamilton, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free yoga at lunch
Cons: n/a
There were no hard parts about the job. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and the co-workers were so caring and wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job was arriving to work and being greeted by everyone as well as greeting them back, "good morning."
loves working with the staff and the public
Cashier/Skate Monitor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 3, 2012
Pros: working with fun people, having a good time while working and job security
Cons: not full time in the area of the city of hamilton i worked for, and they cut back hours while i was employed there
great place to work, friendly environment and plenty of opportunities to excel in the city of hamilton
Recruitment Team
Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Services (Former Employee), Hamilton, SCTMay 8, 2012
Pros: lots to do each day and work with fantastic staff
Cons: no permanent position
I spent three months in the Recruitment department and worked with wonderful people.
Typical working day
Operations Technologist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: feeling of completing a project successfuly
Cons: not enough energy during the hours of operation
Interacting with co-workers and properly communicating with them is a crucial part of everyday basis especially when you have more than 4 people working on the same project.

I'm eager to learn, even if that's coming to work and instead of making it "typical" i will further my knowledge by asking more questions and enhancing my abilities to do a specific – more... job. – less
Great!!
MAINTENANCE (Current Employee), HAMILTONJune 23, 2014
Pros: great!!
Cons: no cons!!
Great!! I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY!! The workforce was great I never had any complaints. Had a great boss and was very laid back.

About CITY OF HAMILTON

Hamilton is home to the Royal Botanical Gardens, the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, the Bruce Trail, McMaster University and – Read more

CITY OF HAMILTON Photos