City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

Excellent workers poor work life balance
personal support worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2013
I really enjoy working for the City of Hamilton in Long term care. I have held many positions there and have worked many different shifts. I enjoy working with my co workers and we work as a team. At this job we get one weekend off every 6 weeks. It can be difficult to get additional weekends off as they are limited by the contract.
A typical day starts off with resident care. We get residents washed and dressed before 8 am. We then serve breakfast and feed those who need help. After breakfast residents are toileted and taken to activities. We then serve lunch. After lunch we toilet and put required residents to bed. At 2 pm we serve snack. We chart on each resident and do shift change at 3pm.
I have great co workers. When there is a problem we are able to talk through and resolve differences. We are aware that we spend are time supporting both are residents and are co workers. we are a learning enviroment and we learn from each other.
I really enjoy my job and find most of my day enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is realizing that some people are negetive and not allowing this to effect me. I also find the comute and working every weekend difficult.
Pros
excellent benefits and pension plan
Cons
one weekend off every 6

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

very interactive and always exciting
Skilled Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 December 2017
I enjoyed working in this placement because I got to meet and interact with different people each shift. I am a people person and had many great experiences.
Pros
interactive
Cons
not enough hours
Stressful Position
Social Service Worker I and II (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2017
A highly stressful position dealing with hard to serve clients. Also responsible for assisting Social Service Workers I with file reviews. Gained valuable skills in working with challenging situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4