City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

Interesting, fun working environment
Tobacco Test Shopper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2013
A typical day at work would include accompanying my supervisor and possibly other Test Shoppers to various locations with in the City of Hamilton, attempt to purchase tobacco, write and communicate my observations to my supervisor and fill out reports as required. While on the Job I am responsible for paying close attention to detail (appropriate signage, appearance of store and clerks).
I have learned how to troubleshoot, organize, and communicate my observations. My co-workers are great people to work with; very friendly and work well together. The hardest part of the job is constantly writing in a small space. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience; not a lot of people have this job and it's great because I am always in a different situation, learning new things.
Pros
Very fair wage
Cons
Not a fair amount of hours available

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

Stressful Position
Social Service Worker I and II (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2017
A highly stressful position dealing with hard to serve clients. Also responsible for assisting Social Service Workers I with file reviews. Gained valuable skills in working with challenging situations.
Best workplace ever
Receptionist - Recreation Department (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 September 2017
Love going to work every day.. couldn't imagine my life without my job. Hours are great balance for daily life - lots of chance to advance in the company. Lots of fun but also professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4