City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

Interesting, fun working environment
Tobacco Test Shopper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2013
A typical day at work would include accompanying my supervisor and possibly other Test Shoppers to various locations with in the City of Hamilton, attempt to purchase tobacco, write and communicate my observations to my supervisor and fill out reports as required. While on the Job I am responsible for paying close attention to detail (appropriate signage, appearance of store and clerks).
I have learned how to troubleshoot, organize, and communicate my observations. My co-workers are great people to work with; very friendly and work well together. The hardest part of the job is constantly writing in a small space. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience; not a lot of people have this job and it's great because I am always in a different situation, learning new things.
Pros
Very fair wage
Cons
Not a fair amount of hours available

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

Stable Work
student job (Former Employee) –  125 Barton Street West.16 January 2018
Working for the city is easy work, that anyone can do given that they are willing to listen and learn! Work is stable and typical of the public secor.
very interactive and always exciting
Skilled Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 December 2017
I enjoyed working in this placement because I got to meet and interact with different people each shift. I am a people person and had many great experiences.
Pros
interactive
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4