City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

clean it shine it look at it again!
cleaner/home support worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON 16 July 2013
catch the bus at 7 am off to clients home get their knock or punch in apartment number say who I am make my way up or in their homes say hello and get the cleaning products and get to work after job is done ill check around to see if it needs to be done again, so I know I completed the job right!

what i have learned from this job is to have more patients to communicate more , better myself for another job, experiencing new jobs , how to manage time better , to set an alarm hour before you get up for work, be on time!

management , leader, motivate and take on different responsibilities everyday.

honestly i got along with all my co-workers since i am a peoples person i love talking and meeting new people so its not hard for me to get along with people, I been working at helping hands and all the co-workers their who I met in the past 6 months they are all great people!

the hardest part of the job i cant think of any at all right now i liked this job it kept me busy and on my feet

the most enjoyable part of the job is waking up every morning and knowing I am going to put a smile on someone's face after I leave their homes and knowing that their in a clean environment and getting out and its also great exercise to !

Pros
keeping busy
Cons
not doing anything

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

Best workplace ever
Receptionist - Recreation Department (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 September 2017
Love going to work every day.. couldn't imagine my life without my job. Hours are great balance for daily life - lots of chance to advance in the company. Lots of fun but also professional
Overall, a very desirable place to work
Labourer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 August 2017
A typical day at work:
Interesting people and duties plus low keyed and no pressure.
What you learned:
How important "essential services" are.
Management:
Reasonable and helpful.
Workplace culture:
Simple. Get the job done.
Hardest part of the job:
Witnessing peoples grief up close. (cemetery)
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Knowing that we have done the best we can do.

Working for any Municipal Government is a job that many people desire, and after working for the city of Hamilton for thirty years it is understandable why this is so.
Pros
Exceptional Benefits, Exceptional Pension
Cons
Working at a cemetery needs to be done, but depressing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4