CITY OF GREATER SUDBURY Employee Reviews

Positive work experience
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 25, 2015
Fun place to work with lots of time spent outdoors. Managers and supervisors were very supportive. Loved that I had the chance to implement activities that had a positive effect on the kids attending the camp.
Pros
Open door policy with management
Cons
Fairly low salary
Friendly environment
Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Lively, ONMay 17, 2016
Great environment to work in and definitely gained such a great experience. My co workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. It is a decent job, not too difficult but still challenging at the same time to improve growth overall as a person and as an employee.
free exercise basically
Turf Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 13, 2016
good job if you like physical work. people always tell you youre doing a great job cutting the grass. showers at the depot, and driving the company truck is pretty sweet. good hours too bad its seasonal
Pros
union
Cons
higher ups treat you badly
Great management however not a lot of work and left unsatisfied
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 19, 2015
Needed to explore new options due to a lack of work. Great people however office environment needed more social aspects.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no work
Terrible management bullying tactics
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 13, 2015
Salary and benefits are good, but management is the worst i have ever seen... they constantly bully the staff and have different rules for employees n management. Always stressed working here.
Pros
benifits n pension
Cons
management bullies there staff
Great group of employees
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 2, 2015
Very friendly environment. Great place to work. Co-workers are very helpful and friendly. Management is spectacular in the IT department. Post enjoyable part of the job is the trust that our manager puts in his employees.
No Team Environment
Relief Customer Service Rep. Enviro. Services (Former Employee) –  Frobisher DepotApril 10, 2014
Seeing that this position is posted on the City's website CONTINUALLY throughout the year (watch for it!), should be a RED FLAG to anyone considering applying. Management in this department treats their employees with criticism and offers no team environment. You are not to ask anyone for help, they frown on that! You are left on your own to work 2 different positions at the same time! No one speaks to you, not even "Good Morning". Everyone keeps to themselves with no healthy, positive work environment. How does HR not see there is a problem here is beyond! Look at the turnover people!
Horrible place to work
Relief Customer Services Rep. (Former Employee) –  FrobisherJanuary 20, 2014
Environmental Services is the most depressing place in the world to work. The managers treat people like garbage and seem to think that it is ok.
A typical day at work is being told how you do everything wrong and being degraded by the managers. The only thing I learned is how NOT to treat people, the management there is horrible to everyone. The only light at the end of the tunnel was the other staff, who are just as miserable as everyone else. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the managers. I enjoyed dealing with the public and helping people.
Transit Driver
Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ONFebruary 2, 2015
I have been here approximately 2 years now... at first I wasn't sure I would be staying very long... Today I can't imagine working anywhere else!! I feel like my co-workers and management are my extended family. Even on a bad day going to work is uplifting!!
Enjoy working in public sector
Community Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  City of Greater SudburyJune 9, 2014
The CGS has allowed me to grow professionally and personally. Always encouraging in a positive manner that is for not only the company's benefit but mine as well.
Pros
flexibility, variety, supervision
Satisfying work
Volunter fire fighter Capt. (Current Employee) –  Garson, ONJanuary 17, 2014
A day is not typical because it changes depending on the different calls we get. I was trained in all aspects of fire training and rescue. I manage a crew of fire fighters at a occurrence who are trained to do their job. The hardest part of my job is to see someone injured. The most enjoyable part of this job is to not get hurt at a fire occurrence and to see crew members go home safely.
Excellent place to work
Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 18, 2014
Excellent workplace. You are able to broaden you customer service skills on a daily basis. Management and co workers are fun and easy to get along with.
Professional well run branch of Emergency Services
Paramedic Placement (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 1, 2013
During my placement with Sudbury EMS I gained a lot of invulnerable experience. The people that I worked with were very instrumental in allowing me to learn how I could become a valuable member of the EMS team.
Very good winter job
Ice Rink Staff (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ONJune 25, 2014
Very good job. Did not have the highest work load. I shoveled snow when required and flooded the ice surface once or twice a week.
Pros
good hour to work ratio
Cons
sometimes hard to remove snow from surface in warm temperatures
This place was fun
Apprentice Technician/Mechanic's Helper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 5, 2013
This is where my love for tinkering with Cars and Trucks came from without working with the people I did I would have never wanted to become a Mechanic
Teamwork
Ski Lift Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 17, 2013
helped guest onto the lift,
help guest load onto lift
help unload guest