Do you want to work for an organization that will support your educational ambitions? Do you want to work for an organization that values a healthy work-life balance with year-round wellness events, flexible work arrangements and a health spending account? Does a defined benefit pension and comprehensive benefits package give you peace-of-mind?
The City of Grande Prairie is committed to flexibility, integrity, service, cooperation and having fun.
The Economic Development department needs someone with your experience and passion.
Do you have?
- Post-secondary diploma in property appraisal or assessment or related field
- Five years related experience in real estate, land development or urban planning
- Extensive knowledge of real estate law, property negotiation and accounting
- Eligible to become a Commissioner for Oaths for the Province of Alberta
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
If you do, this could be the best move of your career! Work for an employer of choice in a city that offers big-city service with a small-town feel. Know that your work has an important impact on the community and region.
The City of Grande Prairie is the right place for you!
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of municipal land related functions including sales, acquisitions, leasing and land swaps. The position plays an important role in providing information and advising administration on land management related information in consultation with senior administration, council along with business partners and internal department personnel.
· Represents the interests of the Economic Development & Land Department throughout the City and to external agencies and stakeholders.
· Leads and participates in interdepartmental teams comprising of individual employees, Department Managers, Directors and Council Committees.
· Reports directly to the Manager of Economic Development
· Coordinate and complete land applications and real estate transactions (purchases, leases and sales)
· Establishes and maintains strong relationships with private, municipal, and provincial land owners.
· Prepares reports and decision items for presentation to Committees of Council.
· Monitor agreements to ensure compliance with negotiated terms.
· Acts as a resource to internal and external stakeholders on issues related to municipal, environmental, compliance, land titles, city bylaws, department policies and procedures as they relate to land issues.
· Reviews and approves land related legal packages for accuracy and directs appropriate changes.
· Maintains an accurate up-to-date inventory lands held for resale.
· Other duties as required.
· Competent and skilled in communication and negotiations in a confidential environment.
· Read and understand specialized and complex reports (environmental, appraisals, leases).
· Write complex materials such as specialized and technical reports.
· Possesses extensive knowledge of real estate transactions and real estate law.
· Strong leadership and team skills directed at building partnerships and relationships within teams and between stakeholders.
· A thorough understanding of Real Estate Law, Municipal Government Act, Alberta Real Estate Practices and Municipal Bylaws.
· Technical understanding of legal plans, utility servicing drawings and environmental issues.
· Post-secondary diploma in property appraisal or assessment or related field.
· Five years related experience in real estate, land development or urban planning.
· Extensive knowledge of real estate law, property negotiation and accounting.
· Eligible to become a Commissioner for Oaths for the Province of Alberta.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.