Make a difference everyday with the City of Estevan a vibrant and growing community in Southeast Saskatchewan, with excellent educational, medical and recreational facilities. We have a strong business / industrial sector and are located only 10 minutes north of the U.S. border. The City of Estevan is searching for a talented member to join our team who wants to grow with the organization and community while supporting a customer first approach.
Position Title: HUMAN RESOURCES - COMMUNICATIONS
Reports to: CITY MANAGER
Business Division: CORPORATE SERVICES
SUMMARY: Creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive internal and external social marketing, communications and public relations program.
Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resource programs.
1. Creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive internal and external social marketing, communications and public relations program.
2. Facilitates internal and external communications and all project social marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including all print and web-based educational and marketing materials.
3. Ensures articulation of project’s desired brand, message and position including employee newsletters, orientation and other internal communications.
4. Recruits Staff. Develops orientation, succession and other programs to retain staff
5. Research and gathers other information for HR policy development.
6. Coach Managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, attendance management and collective agreements.
7. Assist in finding solutions to employee relations issues while identifying potential gaps in culture, moral and training.
8. Participate in the negotiation of collective agreements on behalf of employer while identifying bargaining trends.
9. Mediate labour disputes and grievances.
10. Perform progressive discipline and terminations while ensuring proper documentation.
11. Maintains files and records.
12. Logs, records and reports pertinent data.
13. Assists the public and associate staff members with Business Division records, bylaws, policies and procedures.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned).
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Labour Relations.
Bachelors degree in Marketing and Communication, or related field
Superior oral and written communication skills
Superior leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities
Proficiency in Computer Software including website and publishing documents.
3 years of experience in a Municipal unionized environment
Valid Class 5 Provincial Drivers License
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
3 years of Municipal experience
To thrive in this environment, you will have a desire to make a difference. Be part of our prospering community, and a challenging work environment while still maintaining a strong work life balance.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The City of Estevan offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package.