Make a difference everyday with the City of Estevan a vibrant and growing community in Southeast Saskatchewan, with excellent educational, medical and recreational facilities. We have a strong business / industrial sector and are located only 10 minutes north of the U.S. border. We currently have openings on our team.
Reporting to Leisure Services Manager, the ideal candidate would possess a positive attitude and a powerful personal work ethic. This position leads our Maintenance, Arena and Cleaning Technician teams, and provides a wonderful opportunity to support our community services and customer first approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises and co-ordinates the operation, maintenance and repair of facility systems and buildings including but not limited to: Swimming Pool, Ice Maintenance, Boilers, Plumbing, and Electrical.
- Develop and implement an annual maintenance program for all assigned facilities.
- Develop and revise policies and procedures
- Ensures building changes and renovations are completed.
- Manages and supervises maintenance, janitorial, and technical staff across all assigned facilities.
- Provides recommendations on the acquiring and maintenance of new assets, goods, and services.
- Develops, monitors, and controls financial expenditures.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned).
The job requires:
- Grade 12 education
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Arena Operator’s Certificate – Level 1 & 2
- Pool Operators Certificate – Level 1 & 2
- 5TH Class Engineer’s Certificate
- Custodial Care Certificate
- Five years, including three years of supervisory experience
Indeed - 9 months ago