Position Title: Account Clerk III - Utility
Reports To: City Treasurer
Business Division: Financial Services
Length of Position: Temporary Full-Time, up to one year. The term begins June 1st, 2014.
SUMMARY: Co-ordinates, verifies data, prepares and processes utility accounts and maintains
1. Co-ordinates, verifies data, processes, prepares and distributes Utility billings.
2. Maintains Utility Roll and Water Meter reading accounts.
3. Initiates and/or performs corrective action for utility billing errors.
4. Registers new customers.
5. Responds to requests for information.
6. Maintains records and files.
7. Acts as backup for cashier.
8. Develops and recommends Business Unit procedures.
9. Assists the public and associate staff members with Business Division records, bylaws, policies and procedures.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned).
Formalized Accounting Diploma or Certificate such as Academy of Learning Computerized
Proficiency in Computer Software
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This is a permanent full time position with a starting salary of $ 23.36 per hour – 2014 CUPE rates.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and/or completed application forms, and may be tested for appropriate skills. An interview may be conducted with applicants who qualify in skill, ability and qualifications.