City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Amazing job, Great People!
Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2016
I worked with brilliant people at the City of Edmonton. Leadership and management are great. Also, there is great work culture. I was lucky enough to have some freedom to pursue issues that I thought were important.
Pros
flexible hours, great coworkers
Cons
political gridlock to good ideas
Fun and easy to do after hours
Census Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2016
I was on my own. I made daily contact with my supervisor to report daily progress. It helped me to talk to people to help gain the information I needed.
Pros
At my own pace
Cons
Only temporary until end of census
Excellent
Fire Cadet (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2016
I learned life skills and life lessons that will benefit me in the fute. Being still in high school it allowed me to see how the career of a fire fighter really is and if I want to persue it.
Family Gatherings
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
It was nice to enter a work force, full of such accepting people. The 'family' that has been created there was amazingly helpful and fun. There was never a time where someone was not willing to assist with either answering a question, or lending a helping hand. It was a great place to learn new and helpful tips for an everyday life.
My review is a typical day at work
Summer Labourer 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2016
Meeting in the morning to discuss various conditions of parks, or safety talks.Going to next location, then assess what is needed.I always enjoy the social gathering like Bar-B-Q for a job well done.
Pros
social gathering once a year during the summer
Cons
Weather conditions
great
Accounting Support Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2016
Learned so much on the job and was welcomed at the job. There was lots to learn and everyone was well respected. It was a fun place to work
Google Sites project
Senior Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
This project affected all areas of the City of Edmonton. The project was very challenging. All areas of the City were excited to upgrage their web portal.
Pros
People, Process
Cons
n/a
Would be better if year round
Parks Servicing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
A great place to work. Attention to training and safety is top notch. All employees seem to take great pride in maintaining the beauty of the facilities they have been assigned to.
Pros
Public Appreciation
Cons
Short Season
Google Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2016
Easy going pace of work and in the heart of the city. Great IT Team, top management thinks about everyone.
Typical day is 9-5 M-F with bi-weekly EDO - day offs
learned a lot
Management is great
co-workers can be tough to deal with some times but very few places are immune to that
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
group politics
easy job but not much to it
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
job was easy and i didnt learn anything i didnt already know. was basic labor tasks. most co-workers were great but some were annoying. management was the reason i left.
Great place to work!
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2016
Offers big career opportunities and stable and secure work. You work with mature and professional people. You will always look forward to coming to work everyday!
City of Edmonton
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2016
I have been teaching yoga with the City of Edmonton since 2007. I am happy teaching with the City. The Program Coordinators are very accommodating and share information as they receive it.
Working with children and providing safety for all
Child Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
Planning week by week is beneficial, you plan what you would like to do with the kids. Children keep you on your toes and you'll never have a dull moment. Regular hours is always great, and a great way to spend your summers if looking for a summer position. Friday in-services are great to gain new ideas and talk with co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
the kids, co-wokers
Great working environment, friendly staffing, great benifits.
Tax Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2015
My time working with the City of Edmonton i felt welcomed and the staffing were quick to help when help was needed. Amazing working environment which made coming to work very enjoyable.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
No Parking
outstanding
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2016
nice to be able to provide a service to help people who do not drive, to get to and from work and wherever else they need to go
Not a Bad summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
this Job was not very well run in a sense that they aren't the most organized with what the tasks for the day are. the benefits are great and same with the pay the only downside is that you don't know who you are going to be working with because the city uses the buddy system.
good place to work and learn different job skills
Heavy Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta11 October 2015
My job provided me with new tasks each day which were not only monotonous but were also challenging. I found the job stability was there. It provided me with a decent income and benefit. Although I worked mainly on my own I still felt a sense of teamwork.
Incredible workplace with great people to work with and for.
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2015
One of the finest places I've ever worked. My work day typically involved a split shift where I was responsible for the transportation of 1 to 80 persons at a time. I worked alone but was never alone. My co-workers were positive people and were VERY supportive. The hardest part of the job was the bouncing involved while driving. It's the reason I had to go on LTD.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradeship between all the drivers.
Pros
Pay and benefits were great.
Cons
Driving in poor weather and road conditions.
Fun and positive work environment with helpful managers.
Business Operations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2015
Worked on a knowledge management tool for the employees of the city to use. We consolidated information from different sources and inputed the information to the tool. Had to ensure that the information was accurate and concise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with experienced marketing managers.
Many challenges, but, very supportive staff. Customer sevice issuse, Bylaw conflicts, new sevice starts , routing and staff management were a daily ta
Senior Municipal Waste Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2015
Outstanding! Anyone with the drive to advance, were all given ample opportunities to do so. Management was supportive and eager to nurture and guide those with ambition. An incredible source of knowledge and wisdom to draw from. Many thanks to their recourses and willingness to help to educate their employees. Respect!
Pros
many
Cons
few

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Edmonton Reviews by Location