City of Edmonton

City of Edmonton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
was not pleased
Temporary Labourer I (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2012
was not pleased,some jobs i did not mind but
some i did not like , jumping in and out of traffic was not my best days.
Productive workplace with good employee relationships
CPIC Information Operator I (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 10, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: shift work
Very busy environment during the days, not so busy during the nights. It is a good environment for building employee relationships, most employees get along very well. Everyone is encouraged to do work when there is work to be done, and for the most part everyone contributes.
Not many complaints other than occasionally cranky customers
Building Regulations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: decent wage, low stress
Cons: monotonous at times, often deal with angry customers
I only had a temporary summer position over a couple summers so I cannot really speak to advancement but otherwise it was a wonderful place to work.
Overall a fun summer job- perfect for a student
Recreation Technician I/ Green Shack Program (Former Employee), South PlaygroundsSeptember 24, 2012
I had a great experience working for the City of Edmonton at the Green Shack Program. Each day was different, depending on which kids came but there were also some regulars whom I got to know very well over the summer. Best of all, it was so nice to work outside and enjoy the beautiful summer weather.
Physically demanding, and very rewarding.
Sub-Foreman (Tunnel Division) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 20, 2012
Very professional management core. Excellent benefits, and excellent pay.
the way this agency was set up at the time under community development, was not guided properly or evaluated for overall effetiveness
Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: i learned the legislation, facilitated courses in the community
Cons: terrible work conditions, awful staff
horrible place to work at the time, staff had worked together for many years and were inflexible to any change or new person, staff coming to work intoxicated or not all, staff doing personal business on work time, poor management, another staff had a mental illness, interpersonal conflict, clients were nasty and mean. staff were supposed to be promoted – more... to education position which never happened – less
To many supervicer
Customer Information Clerk III (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2012
Pros: nice one hour lunch, and compress week
Cons: no vacation, and no chance to advance
and too much back staving from team leads when ask for more training to be able to advance their prejudice got the best of them and instead of lifting they put down I would not go back to work for them
Great palce to work
Recreation Facility Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2012
Great people to work with, and management is above and beyond good. some customer issues, but of course there always is. great environment and helpful staff make it easy to work around your schedule and aid you in finding replacements if need be.
Very well rounded place to work
Project Inspector (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2012
Pros: wage, free time, holidays
Cons: long hours
Working for the city you get to experience many different types of construction techniques
Thw World Masters Games - Golf Event was a challenge. Very rewarding, hard work and a lot of fun.
World Masters Games 2005 - Golf Competition Chair (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2012
Pros: i could work my own hours, just get it done. meet deadlines.
Cons: the job ended when the games were done.
A great experience! I was very happy to have this experience. It was hard work but I was able to enlist the help of very experienced volunteers. We put together a really good team. I would do this type of thing again in a heartbeat! The City of Edmonton were nice people to work for.
Volunteering for city-wide sustainable lifestyle projects
Sustainable Lifestyle Volunteer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2014
An excellent employer focused on improving urban biodiversity and engaging members of the public for long-term environmental improvement.
reward driven
operator (Current Employee), southsideJanuary 23, 2014
very good company, they reward hard work. education and job promotion is always offered.
Good environment and a well balanced workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton City HallJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: decent break time, web policies and great work environment
Cons: can be either too busy or dead both of which can be bad.
Having worked for the City for a number of years I can say that morale is very good which is a big key for a good working environment.

Like most local governments the IT is well behind the times but the willingness to innovate is a very positive aspect.

The benefits are very nice and as you are in a union position the pay has been on par or better – more... than a private employer. – less

About City of Edmonton

Edmonton is the capital of the Canadian province of Alberta and is the province's second-largest city. Edmonton is located on – Read more

City of Edmonton Photos