City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Google Sites project
Senior Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
This project affected all areas of the City of Edmonton. The project was very challenging. All areas of the City were excited to upgrage their web portal.
Pros
People, Process
Cons
n/a
Would be better if year round
Parks Servicing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
A great place to work. Attention to training and safety is top notch. All employees seem to take great pride in maintaining the beauty of the facilities they have been assigned to.
Pros
Public Appreciation
Cons
Short Season
Google Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2016
Easy going pace of work and in the heart of the city. Great IT Team, top management thinks about everyone.
Typical day is 9-5 M-F with bi-weekly EDO - day offs
learned a lot
Management is great
co-workers can be tough to deal with some times but very few places are immune to that
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
group politics
easy job but not much to it
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
job was easy and i didnt learn anything i didnt already know. was basic labor tasks. most co-workers were great but some were annoying. management was the reason i left.
Great place to work!
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2016
Offers big career opportunities and stable and secure work. You work with mature and professional people. You will always look forward to coming to work everyday!
City of Edmonton
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2016
I have been teaching yoga with the City of Edmonton since 2007. I am happy teaching with the City. The Program Coordinators are very accommodating and share information as they receive it.
outstanding
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2016
nice to be able to provide a service to help people who do not drive, to get to and from work and wherever else they need to go
Great working environment, friendly staffing, great benifits.
Tax Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2015
My time working with the City of Edmonton i felt welcomed and the staffing were quick to help when help was needed. Amazing working environment which made coming to work very enjoyable.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
No Parking
Working with children and providing safety for all
Child Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
Planning week by week is beneficial, you plan what you would like to do with the kids. Children keep you on your toes and you'll never have a dull moment. Regular hours is always great, and a great way to spend your summers if looking for a summer position. Friday in-services are great to gain new ideas and talk with co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
the kids, co-wokers
Not a Bad summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
this Job was not very well run in a sense that they aren't the most organized with what the tasks for the day are. the benefits are great and same with the pay the only downside is that you don't know who you are going to be working with because the city uses the buddy system.
good place to work and learn different job skills
Heavy Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta11 October 2015
My job provided me with new tasks each day which were not only monotonous but were also challenging. I found the job stability was there. It provided me with a decent income and benefit. Although I worked mainly on my own I still felt a sense of teamwork.
Incredible workplace with great people to work with and for.
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2015
One of the finest places I've ever worked. My work day typically involved a split shift where I was responsible for the transportation of 1 to 80 persons at a time. I worked alone but was never alone. My co-workers were positive people and were VERY supportive. The hardest part of the job was the bouncing involved while driving. It's the reason I had to go on LTD.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradeship between all the drivers.
Pros
Pay and benefits were great.
Cons
Driving in poor weather and road conditions.
Fun and positive work environment with helpful managers.
Business Operations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2015
Worked on a knowledge management tool for the employees of the city to use. We consolidated information from different sources and inputed the information to the tool. Had to ensure that the information was accurate and concise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with experienced marketing managers.
Moving general public from point A to point B
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB20 August 2015
Good work place benefits could be better, good equipment and fair security, General public on a bus can be a problem, but you have to be patient with them. Good job for someone who likes to drive and deal with the general public.
Pros
pick your own shift
Staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2016
Definitely some very good people to work with. Positive, mentoring environment. I was only employed in a temp capacity. Very rewarding.
Many challenges, but, very supportive staff. Customer sevice issuse, Bylaw conflicts, new sevice starts , routing and staff management were a daily ta
Senior Municipal Waste Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2015
Outstanding! Anyone with the drive to advance, were all given ample opportunities to do so. Management was supportive and eager to nurture and guide those with ambition. An incredible source of knowledge and wisdom to draw from. Many thanks to their recourses and willingness to help to educate their employees. Respect!
Pros
many
Cons
few
productive, easy place to learn new things and lots of opportunities for advancement
truck driver/laborer (Former Employee) –  downtown edmonton23 January 2015
once at work your foreman will assign jobs according to condition outside. Learned lots of different types of equipment ranging from snow plows, tack truck, skid steers, sanders, tandem truck driving and other types of heavy equipment. Great group of employees to work with. Hardest part of the job is shift work during the winter season. Can enjoy things such as paid vacations, great benefits and always long weekends off.
Learned several aspects of being a manager, time management, leadership.
Garage Foreman/Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee) –  SW Edmonton27 November 2014
I look forward to meeting new challenges and enjoy moving forward. Learned how to be a coach, confidante and counsellor. I enjoyed meeting new people and listening to their stories. As this was first experience with Unions, I learned a lot about seniority and shift selecting. The City is a large organization and I was able to contribute to the lager picture for the citizens of Edmonton. It was an experience.
Very fast paced ever changing environment with multiple players.
IPTF Waste Process Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2015
Core group of dedicated upbeat employees with a strong team work culture.
Being able to multi task is a definite requirement for this position.

All levels of management will be present at one time or another in a positive and supportive role.

Never the same day twice.
Pros
Provide quality customer service.
Connectivity is key...
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB31 August 2014
My days are long, but rewarding. Building strong relationship is the/my key to success. Accountability shouldn't be expected unless paired with authority. Daily goal is helping my co-workers succeed in their work/job/life. Managing scope creep is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I feel when a project plan has been adopted, because I know it is a solid plan due to my strong understanding of the connectivities and dependencies within the organization.
Pros
Working with all departments.
Cons
Long hours and political influences

City of Edmonton Reviews by Location