City of Edmonton Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not a Bad summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
this Job was not very well run in a sense that they aren't the most organized with what the tasks for the day are. the benefits are great and same with the pay the only downside is that you don't know who you are going to be working with because the city uses the buddy system.
Great organization, great finance team.
Accountant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
Great work life balance, always very grateful being in the union and having great salary/benefits negotiated for on our behalf.
Great Place to Work
Customer Servive Team Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
I have been with the Community Service Department for over 20 years, one of the reasons is it is a great place to work, excellent salary and great benefits.
Moving general public from point A to point B
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton ABAugust 20, 2015
Pros: pick your own shift
Cons: Long hours
Good work place benefits could be better, good equipment and fair security, General public on a bus can be a problem, but you have to be patient with them. Good job for someone who likes to drive and deal with the general public.
Great Job
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Current Employee), EdmontonSeptember 28, 2015
Great job, unfortunately for someone with a family it is not recommended unless you get on permanent. No benefits otherwise.
Google Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Slow paced
Cons: group politics
Easy going pace of work and in the heart of the city. Great IT Team, top management thinks about everyone.
Typical day is 9-5 M-F with bi-weekly EDO - day offs
learned a lot
Management is great
co-workers can be tough to deal with some times but very few places are immune to that
Incredible workplace with great people to work with and for.
Transit Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits were great.
Cons: Driving in poor weather and road conditions.
One of the finest places I've ever worked. My work day typically involved a split shift where I was responsible for the transportation of 1 to 80 persons at a time. I worked alone but was never alone. My co-workers were positive people and were VERY supportive. The hardest part of the job was the bouncing involved while driving. It's the reason I had to go on LTD.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradeship between all the drivers.
Great place to work!
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
Offers big career opportunities and stable and secure work. You work with mature and professional people. You will always look forward to coming to work everyday!
Excellent work/life balance
methods analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 11, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Tons of growth opportunities. New initiatives are well received by the management. Excellent work/life balance.
Family Gatherings
Horticulturist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
It was nice to enter a work force, full of such accepting people. The 'family' that has been created there was amazingly helpful and fun. There was never a time where someone was not willing to assist with either answering a question, or lending a helping hand. It was a great place to learn new and helpful tips for an everyday life.
My review is a typical day at work
Summer Labourer 1 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
Pros: social gathering once a year during the summer
Cons: Weather conditions
Meeting in the morning to discuss various conditions of parks, or safety talks.Going to next location, then assess what is needed.I always enjoy the social gathering like Bar-B-Q for a job well done.
productive, easy place to learn new things and lots of opportunities for advancement
truck driver/laborer (Former Employee), downtown edmontonJanuary 23, 2015
once at work your foreman will assign jobs according to condition outside. Learned lots of different types of equipment ranging from snow plows, tack truck, skid steers, sanders, tandem truck driving and other types of heavy equipment. Great group of employees to work with. Hardest part of the job is shift work during the winter season. Can enjoy things such as paid vacations, great benefits and always long weekends off.
Would be better if year round
Parks Servicing (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Public Appreciation
Cons: Short Season
A great place to work. Attention to training and safety is top notch. All employees seem to take great pride in maintaining the beauty of the facilities they have been assigned to.
Google Sites project
Senior Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: People, Process
Cons: n/a
This project affected all areas of the City of Edmonton. The project was very challenging. All areas of the City were excited to upgrage their web portal.
City of Edmonton
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
I have been teaching yoga with the City of Edmonton since 2007. I am happy teaching with the City. The Program Coordinators are very accommodating and share information as they receive it.
easy job but not much to it
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2016
job was easy and i didnt learn anything i didnt already know. was basic labor tasks. most co-workers were great but some were annoying. management was the reason i left.
Great working environment, friendly staffing, great benifits.
Tax Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: No Parking
My time working with the City of Edmonton i felt welcomed and the staffing were quick to help when help was needed. Amazing working environment which made coming to work very enjoyable.
outstanding
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2016
nice to be able to provide a service to help people who do not drive, to get to and from work and wherever else they need to go
hard working labour intensive job with various skills required
Tunnel Labourer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2014
Pros: benefits medical and dental, and vaction pay
Cons: very labour intensive work, low opportunites for advancment in a career
A typical day at work would be digging underground by hand for the cities drainage system, with the use of a jackhammer and shovel. We learn how to deal with different ground conditions as well as how to manage time so we finish proper footage in a day. One of the main reason I am looking to further my career else where is because of management. This department in my opinion is poorly disorganized, does not value young driven employees and shows no interest or gives opportunities to advance a career within the department. My co-workers are usually great to work with, hard workers with drive for towards an honest days work. one of the hardest parts of my job would be operating a jackhammer for upwards to twelve hours a day 5-7 days a week, and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great crew and learning new ways to make the job and day go a little easier.
Apply and find out
Mining/Lead Hand (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits/ double time after 8
Cons: youll see when you get the job
I worked underground for sometime with the city this position aint worth $35 hr its worth $50 per hr. If you take the job you'll see what I mean.
Employees