City of Edmonton Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Google Sites project
Senior Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: People, Process
Cons: n/a
This project affected all areas of the City of Edmonton. The project was very challenging. All areas of the City were excited to upgrage their web portal.
easy job but not much to it
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2016
job was easy and i didnt learn anything i didnt already know. was basic labor tasks. most co-workers were great but some were annoying. management was the reason i left.
outstanding
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2016
nice to be able to provide a service to help people who do not drive, to get to and from work and wherever else they need to go
Great place to work!
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
Offers big career opportunities and stable and secure work. You work with mature and professional people. You will always look forward to coming to work everyday!
My review is a typical day at work
Summer Labourer 1 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
Pros: social gathering once a year during the summer
Cons: Weather conditions
Meeting in the morning to discuss various conditions of parks, or safety talks.Going to next location, then assess what is needed.I always enjoy the social gathering like Bar-B-Q for a job well done.
Would be better if year round
Parks Servicing (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Public Appreciation
Cons: Short Season
A great place to work. Attention to training and safety is top notch. All employees seem to take great pride in maintaining the beauty of the facilities they have been assigned to.
City of Edmonton
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
I have been teaching yoga with the City of Edmonton since 2007. I am happy teaching with the City. The Program Coordinators are very accommodating and share information as they receive it.
Family Gatherings
Horticulturist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
It was nice to enter a work force, full of such accepting people. The 'family' that has been created there was amazingly helpful and fun. There was never a time where someone was not willing to assist with either answering a question, or lending a helping hand. It was a great place to learn new and helpful tips for an everyday life.
Google Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Slow paced
Cons: group politics
Easy going pace of work and in the heart of the city. Great IT Team, top management thinks about everyone.
Typical day is 9-5 M-F with bi-weekly EDO - day offs
learned a lot
Management is great
co-workers can be tough to deal with some times but very few places are immune to that
Staff
Staff (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Definitely some very good people to work with. Positive, mentoring environment. I was only employed in a temp capacity. Very rewarding.
Great working environment, friendly staffing, great benifits.
Tax Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: No Parking
My time working with the City of Edmonton i felt welcomed and the staffing were quick to help when help was needed. Amazing working environment which made coming to work very enjoyable.
Not a Bad summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
this Job was not very well run in a sense that they aren't the most organized with what the tasks for the day are. the benefits are great and same with the pay the only downside is that you don't know who you are going to be working with because the city uses the buddy system.
Great organization, great finance team.
Accountant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
Great work life balance, always very grateful being in the union and having great salary/benefits negotiated for on our behalf.
Great Place to Work
Customer Servive Team Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
I have been with the Community Service Department for over 20 years, one of the reasons is it is a great place to work, excellent salary and great benefits.
good place to work and learn different job skills
Heavy Body Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 11, 2015
My job provided me with new tasks each day which were not only monotonous but were also challenging. I found the job stability was there. It provided me with a decent income and benefit. Although I worked mainly on my own I still felt a sense of teamwork.
Excellent work/life balance
methods analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 11, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Tons of growth opportunities. New initiatives are well received by the management. Excellent work/life balance.
Working with children and providing safety for all
Child Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
Pros: the kids, co-wokers
Planning week by week is beneficial, you plan what you would like to do with the kids. Children keep you on your toes and you'll never have a dull moment. Regular hours is always great, and a great way to spend your summers if looking for a summer position. Friday in-services are great to gain new ideas and talk with co-workers and supervisors.
Great Job
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Current Employee), EdmontonSeptember 28, 2015
Great job, unfortunately for someone with a family it is not recommended unless you get on permanent. No benefits otherwise.
Bad
Roadway Maintenance Labourer / Truck Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Avoid it if you like working for good people. I was treated poorly and if you want to move up or go anywhere hard work isn't noticed, but kissing up certainly is.
Great learning experience
Temporary F/T (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Great learning experience. I got to have different experiences but I feel as though they need certain new staff in order for the morale to go up .
Employees