City of Edmonton

City of Edmonton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Productive and busy all the time. Always deadlines to meet. Great people to work with.
Inside Information/Clerk III (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: wage is good
Cons: not being able to meet the customers expectations as fast as they wanted, but due to rules and regulations, things were out of my control.
A typical day at work is very busy and never dull. learn new things all the time. I learned how to work a lot of the City of Edmonton's in- house programs and expanded my knowledge of the Microsoft office suite program.

For the most management was great. Sometimes it was hard to meet with management when i had a question to ask and would have to wait – more... for them quite awhile. I would ask as many of my co-workers the question that I had to ask my boss, and they were very helpful. I would only go to my boss if none of my co-workers knew the answer to my question about certain projects etc.

Sometimes clients/customers wanted certain things done immediately. Due to some procedures, sometimes we couldn't always do things as immediate as the customer would have liked, but i would always do my best to meet the customers expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with the customers, I thoroughly enjoy working with the public. – less
Its was good
Cook/Lead Hand (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hrs
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Was a fun atmosphere.
Connectivity is key...
Project Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABAugust 31, 2014
Pros: working with all departments.
Cons: long hours and political influences
My days are long, but rewarding. Building strong relationship is the/my key to success. Accountability shouldn't be expected unless paired with authority. Daily goal is helping my co-workers succeed in their work/job/life. Managing scope creep is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I feel when a project – more... plan has been adopted, because I know it is a solid plan due to my strong understanding of the connectivities and dependencies within the organization. – less
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Manager in Financial Process Management (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: extra day offs
Cons: limited job advancement
It's a good place to balance you work and life, especially for staff need to take care of little kids or other family members.
Coworkers were great.
Industrial Wastewater Investigator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2014
Worked with some great people who I am still friends with today.
Very nice work environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2014
People are so friendly and helpful. Lots of resources to learn new things and Opportunity to show you skills.
Great work environment, excellent managment, multicultural team.
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2014
Great work environment, excellent managment, multicultural team.
Supportive staff, great work environment
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2014
Pros: wealth of shared knowledge
Cons: hard to get your foot in the door.
Amazing team spirit, uncapped potential for career and personal growth.
Good thing the pay is deccent
RFA 1 (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 30, 2014
Pros: some very awesome customers, easy job, air conditioning.
Cons: management has no idea what's going on, no communication or trust, no benefits, being taken advantage of
If they did not pay as well as they do I'm sure they'd have a hard time finding employees. Upper management makes you jump through so many hoops. Definitely would not make it a career. Hours are terrible, and they don't provide any benefits.
GREAT TEAM, GREAT BOSSES, GREAT WORK PLACE
DEPLOYMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2014
Worked with fantastic people, learned lots from great bosses and co-workers.
fun place to work
Heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 6, 2014
Pros: paid after noon lunch
Cons: shift work
busy in morning with running repairs
co workers are awesome
My two-month stint was very enjoyable.
Event Planning Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 1, 2014
Was only consulting on a short-term basis so unable to provide an in-depth review.
Challenging and fun with great team members
Recreation Facility Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2014
A pleasant place to work serving the community in a Recreational setting. Co-workers quickly become friends and making the front desk a friendly approachable atmosphere. Registering patrons in community programs and camps as well as collecting daily and monthly admissions for facility access. Most enjoyable part of my job is the public.
Productive and Result Oriented Workplace
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2014
We did the following work on a regular basis

Assist with creating and updating technical and project documents
Participate in training and provide support to internal clients migrated to Google Accounts, Groups or PST
Assist with testing of business application changes
Assist with providing technical support to internal customers
Prepare, submit and – more... present reports and develop e-learning training documents using Uperform regarding - SAP(FICO, MM, PM), POSSE, SIRE and TACS. – less
Millwoods Recreation Center
Clerk II (Former Employee), MillwoodsMay 6, 2014
Pros: time went buy fast, met new people
Cons: lots of standing
This Job was busy. Cash handling, admissions, single, Selling Monthly and Annual passes, Registered patrons into various classes and lessons.
Public Swims admissions for over 500 people.
Cash handling, deposits, balancing my float.
Closing the cash area for the evening
Don't work here
Labour II (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2014
Pros: pay check won't bounce
Cons: nepotism
If you are from hr look into the director that was in the position in 2012
And the manager. Also look into supervisors in coronation yard same time. Do a audit you will be surprised what you find
Good part time work.
Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2014
Poorly managed. Things often done twice because they weren't done right the first time.
hard working labour intensive job with various skills required
Tunnel Labourer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2014
Pros: benefits medical and dental, and vaction pay
Cons: very labour intensive work, low opportunites for advancment in a career
A typical day at work would be digging underground by hand for the cities drainage system, with the use of a jackhammer and shovel. We learn how to deal with different ground conditions as well as how to manage time so we finish proper footage in a day. One of the main reason I am looking to further my career else where is because of management. This – more... department in my opinion is poorly disorganized, does not value young driven employees and shows no interest or gives opportunities to advance a career within the department. My co-workers are usually great to work with, hard workers with drive for towards an honest days work. one of the hardest parts of my job would be operating a jackhammer for upwards to twelve hours a day 5-7 days a week, and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great crew and learning new ways to make the job and day go a little easier. – less
good place to learn and great people
swamper (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: bbqs
Cons: pay kinda sucks
overall a pretty good place to work the money isn't that great for the job you do but the people make it a much better environment to work so that's the bounus cool things to work on and get to use .
Volunteering for city-wide sustainable lifestyle projects
Sustainable Lifestyle Volunteer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2014
An excellent employer focused on improving urban biodiversity and engaging members of the public for long-term environmental improvement.

1 2 3 4

About City of Edmonton

Edmonton is the capital of the Canadian province of Alberta and is the province's second-largest city. Edmonton is located on – Read more

City of Edmonton Photos