City of Edmonton Employee Review

View all City of Edmonton reviews

hard working labour intensive job with various skills required
Tunnel Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2014
A typical day at work would be digging underground by hand for the cities drainage system, with the use of a jackhammer and shovel. We learn how to deal with different ground conditions as well as how to manage time so we finish proper footage in a day. One of the main reason I am looking to further my career else where is because of management. This department in my opinion is poorly disorganized, does not value young driven employees and shows no interest or gives opportunities to advance a career within the department. My co-workers are usually great to work with, hard workers with drive for towards an honest days work. one of the hardest parts of my job would be operating a jackhammer for upwards to twelve hours a day 5-7 days a week, and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great crew and learning new ways to make the job and day go a little easier.
Pros
benefits medical and dental, and vaction pay
Cons
very labour intensive work, low opportunites for advancment in a career

Other City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Parks and recreation leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2018
I love working here. Staff is friendly and very helpful. You are always busy but it’s fun. Working with kids and Genral public is the best. Lots of fun!
Pros
Cons
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
My time there was good. Friendly and helpful team ready to support you. The project turned out slightly different than was advertised but a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Edmonton Reviews by Location