City of Edmonton Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, Friendly, Supportive and as a team its wonderful workplace to work for and at.
Junior System Analayst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2016
Everyone at the City of Edmonton is very friendly and very supportive. They value your talent and help you to build more for your future employer. Everyone here works as a team and anyone who has some trouble or issue with something can easily go to the Manager or Architects for help and they do it on the spot without even thinking of anything else. For me this is the wonderful place to work at and for. Knowledge is the key in the City of Edmonton as everyone here has an experience of over 15 years or over which is a very good thing for any intern as we can learn a lot from this experience.
Family Gatherings
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
It was nice to enter a work force, full of such accepting people. The 'family' that has been created there was amazingly helpful and fun. There was never a time where someone was not willing to assist with either answering a question, or lending a helping hand. It was a great place to learn new and helpful tips for an everyday life.
Amazing job, Great People!
Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2016
I worked with brilliant people at the City of Edmonton. Leadership and management are great. Also, there is great work culture. I was lucky enough to have some freedom to pursue issues that I thought were important.
Pros
flexible hours, great coworkers
Cons
political gridlock to good ideas
My review is a typical day at work
Summer Labourer 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
Meeting in the morning to discuss various conditions of parks, or safety talks.Going to next location, then assess what is needed.I always enjoy the social gathering like Bar-B-Q for a job well done.
Pros
social gathering once a year during the summer
Cons
Weather conditions
great people and you will learn from the job.
Project Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 22, 2016
nice job to start with, lots of friendly and helpful workers. Some contractors are rude and uncooperative. Lack of professional guidance and poor working cnditions. Exposed in all kinds of weather.
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
no room for improvement
Google Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Easy going pace of work and in the heart of the city. Great IT Team, top management thinks about everyone.
Typical day is 9-5 M-F with bi-weekly EDO - day offs
learned a lot
Management is great
co-workers can be tough to deal with some times but very few places are immune to that
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
group politics
Would be better if year round
Parks Servicing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
A great place to work. Attention to training and safety is top notch. All employees seem to take great pride in maintaining the beauty of the facilities they have been assigned to.
Pros
Public Appreciation
Cons
Short Season
Google Sites project
Senior Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
This project affected all areas of the City of Edmonton. The project was very challenging. All areas of the City were excited to upgrage their web portal.
Pros
People, Process
Cons
n/a
Great working environment, friendly staffing, great benifits.
Tax Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
My time working with the City of Edmonton i felt welcomed and the staffing were quick to help when help was needed. Amazing working environment which made coming to work very enjoyable.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
No Parking
City of Edmonton
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
I have been teaching yoga with the City of Edmonton since 2007. I am happy teaching with the City. The Program Coordinators are very accommodating and share information as they receive it.
Great place to work!
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
Offers big career opportunities and stable and secure work. You work with mature and professional people. You will always look forward to coming to work everyday!
Working with children and providing safety for all
Child Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
Planning week by week is beneficial, you plan what you would like to do with the kids. Children keep you on your toes and you'll never have a dull moment. Regular hours is always great, and a great way to spend your summers if looking for a summer position. Friday in-services are great to gain new ideas and talk with co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
the kids, co-wokers
easy job but not much to it
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2016
job was easy and i didnt learn anything i didnt already know. was basic labor tasks. most co-workers were great but some were annoying. management was the reason i left.
Not a Bad summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
this Job was not very well run in a sense that they aren't the most organized with what the tasks for the day are. the benefits are great and same with the pay the only downside is that you don't know who you are going to be working with because the city uses the buddy system.
good place to work and learn different job skills
Heavy Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 11, 2015
My job provided me with new tasks each day which were not only monotonous but were also challenging. I found the job stability was there. It provided me with a decent income and benefit. Although I worked mainly on my own I still felt a sense of teamwork.
outstanding
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2016
nice to be able to provide a service to help people who do not drive, to get to and from work and wherever else they need to go
Staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Definitely some very good people to work with. Positive, mentoring environment. I was only employed in a temp capacity. Very rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Customer Servive Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
I have been with the Community Service Department for over 20 years, one of the reasons is it is a great place to work, excellent salary and great benefits.
Great organization, great finance team.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
Great work life balance, always very grateful being in the union and having great salary/benefits negotiated for on our behalf.
Moving general public from point A to point B
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABAugust 20, 2015
Good work place benefits could be better, good equipment and fair security, General public on a bus can be a problem, but you have to be patient with them. Good job for someone who likes to drive and deal with the general public.
Pros
pick your own shift