City of Edmonton

City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learned several aspects of being a manager, time management, leadership.
Garage Foreman/Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee), SW EdmontonNovember 27, 2014
I look forward to meeting new challenges and enjoy moving forward. Learned how to be a coach, confidante and counsellor. I enjoyed meeting new people and listening to their stories. As this was first experience with Unions, I learned a lot about seniority and shift selecting. The City is a large organization and I was able to contribute to the lager – more... picture for the citizens of Edmonton. It was an experience. – less
Good Place to work for
Garage supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good people at my level
Cons: no protection from uppermanagement
As a supervisor it was a stressful place, but working with a great group of Peers got me through the issues, In Management did not have Union protection, so when company reorganized I was let go, very dissapointed, as a person on the floor I enjoyed a long career doing the things I enjoyed
Enjoyable place to work
E.W.M.C. Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere
Loved the job itself , but management was poor
Steady employment
Labourer Level 2 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2014
Steady work and challenging.Rewarding being a part of a productive team
Fun, productive environment
Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: earned day off program
Cons: too much bureaucracy
While working at the city i learnt how to work in an agile organization, that undergoes constant reorganization. I acquired the skills on how to integrate and collaborate and adapt with different tiers of the management.
Awesome place to work
311 AGENT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: career growth
Cons: 24 hours
Awesome place to work. Great people and managers.Great opportunities to learn new things. Lots of Career advancement opportunities.
Very Productive and busy all the time. Always deadlines to meet. Great people to work with.
Inside Information/Clerk III (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: wage is good
Cons: not being able to meet the customers expectations as fast as they wanted, but due to rules and regulations, things were out of my control.
A typical day at work is very busy and never dull. learn new things all the time. I learned how to work a lot of the City of Edmonton's in- house programs and expanded my knowledge of the Microsoft office suite program.

For the most management was great. Sometimes it was hard to meet with management when i had a question to ask and would have to wait – more... for them quite awhile. I would ask as many of my co-workers the question that I had to ask my boss, and they were very helpful. I would only go to my boss if none of my co-workers knew the answer to my question about certain projects etc.

Sometimes clients/customers wanted certain things done immediately. Due to some procedures, sometimes we couldn't always do things as immediate as the customer would have liked, but i would always do my best to meet the customers expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with the customers, I thoroughly enjoy working with the public. – less
Its was good
Cook/Lead Hand (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hrs
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Was a fun atmosphere.
Connectivity is key...
Project Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABAugust 31, 2014
Pros: working with all departments.
Cons: long hours and political influences
My days are long, but rewarding. Building strong relationship is the/my key to success. Accountability shouldn't be expected unless paired with authority. Daily goal is helping my co-workers succeed in their work/job/life. Managing scope creep is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I feel when a project – more... plan has been adopted, because I know it is a solid plan due to my strong understanding of the connectivities and dependencies within the organization. – less
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Manager in Financial Process Management (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: extra day offs
Cons: limited job advancement
It's a good place to balance you work and life, especially for staff need to take care of little kids or other family members.
Coworkers were great.
Industrial Wastewater Investigator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2014
Worked with some great people who I am still friends with today.
Very nice work environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2014
People are so friendly and helpful. Lots of resources to learn new things and Opportunity to show you skills.
Great work environment, excellent managment, multicultural team.
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2014
Great work environment, excellent managment, multicultural team.
Supportive staff, great work environment
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2014
Pros: wealth of shared knowledge
Cons: hard to get your foot in the door.
Amazing team spirit, uncapped potential for career and personal growth.
Good thing the pay is deccent
RFA 1 (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 30, 2014
Pros: some very awesome customers, easy job, air conditioning.
Cons: management has no idea what's going on, no communication or trust, no benefits, being taken advantage of
If they did not pay as well as they do I'm sure they'd have a hard time finding employees. Upper management makes you jump through so many hoops. Definitely would not make it a career. Hours are terrible, and they don't provide any benefits.
GREAT TEAM, GREAT BOSSES, GREAT WORK PLACE
DEPLOYMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2014
Worked with fantastic people, learned lots from great bosses and co-workers.
fun place to work
Heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 6, 2014
Pros: paid after noon lunch
Cons: shift work
busy in morning with running repairs
co workers are awesome
My two-month stint was very enjoyable.
Event Planning Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 1, 2014
Was only consulting on a short-term basis so unable to provide an in-depth review.
Challenging and fun with great team members
Recreation Facility Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2014
A pleasant place to work serving the community in a Recreational setting. Co-workers quickly become friends and making the front desk a friendly approachable atmosphere. Registering patrons in community programs and camps as well as collecting daily and monthly admissions for facility access. Most enjoyable part of my job is the public.
Productive and Result Oriented Workplace
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2014
We did the following work on a regular basis

Assist with creating and updating technical and project documents
Participate in training and provide support to internal clients migrated to Google Accounts, Groups or PST
Assist with testing of business application changes
Assist with providing technical support to internal customers
Prepare, submit and – more... present reports and develop e-learning training documents using Uperform regarding - SAP(FICO, MM, PM), POSSE, SIRE and TACS. – less

1 2 3 4

About City of Edmonton

Edmonton is the capital of the Canadian province of Alberta and is the province's second-largest city. Edmonton is located on – Read more

City of Edmonton Photos