City of Edmonton

City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Definitely some very good people to work with. Positive, mentoring environment. I was only employed in a temp capacity. Very rewarding.
Great working environment, friendly staffing, great benifits.
Tax Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
My time working with the City of Edmonton i felt welcomed and the staffing were quick to help when help was needed. Amazing working environment which made coming to work very enjoyable.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
No Parking
Not a Bad summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
this Job was not very well run in a sense that they aren't the most organized with what the tasks for the day are. the benefits are great and same with the pay the only downside is that you don't know who you are going to be working with because the city uses the buddy system.
Great organization, great finance team.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
Great work life balance, always very grateful being in the union and having great salary/benefits negotiated for on our behalf.
Great Place to Work
Customer Servive Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
I have been with the Community Service Department for over 20 years, one of the reasons is it is a great place to work, excellent salary and great benefits.
good place to work and learn different job skills
Heavy Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 11, 2015
My job provided me with new tasks each day which were not only monotonous but were also challenging. I found the job stability was there. It provided me with a decent income and benefit. Although I worked mainly on my own I still felt a sense of teamwork.
Excellent work/life balance
methods analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 11, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Tons of growth opportunities. New initiatives are well received by the management. Excellent work/life balance.
Working with children and providing safety for all
Child Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
Planning week by week is beneficial, you plan what you would like to do with the kids. Children keep you on your toes and you'll never have a dull moment. Regular hours is always great, and a great way to spend your summers if looking for a summer position. Friday in-services are great to gain new ideas and talk with co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
the kids, co-wokers
Great Job
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 28, 2015
Great job, unfortunately for someone with a family it is not recommended unless you get on permanent. No benefits otherwise.
Bad
Roadway Maintenance Labourer / Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Avoid it if you like working for good people. I was treated poorly and if you want to move up or go anywhere hard work isn't noticed, but kissing up certainly is.
Great learning experience
Temporary F/T (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Great learning experience. I got to have different experiences but I feel as though they need certain new staff in order for the morale to go up .
Great summer opportunity
Wading Pool Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
I liked working there and it gave me some great experiences needed for future jobs. I enjoyed working with all the employees.
good people
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2015
The City of Edmonton has very good people and it is very fun to work for. It is very structured and enjoyable. It is good to know that i could be involved in working for the City of Edmonton.
Moving general public from point A to point B
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABAugust 20, 2015
Good work place benefits could be better, good equipment and fair security, General public on a bus can be a problem, but you have to be patient with them. Good job for someone who likes to drive and deal with the general public.
Pros
pick your own shift
Loved the job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
Wish I was able to stay around and continue to work into the winter. They said they were going to look for a position in a different department but I never heard anything from them.
Pros
Great environment and managers
Great Municipality
Process Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2015
Great municipality, job security, and work life balance. Would recommend to work for the City of Edmonton to anyone. A bit of bureaucracy that is to be expected
Best Place to Work
Administrative Support Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
Answering phones, data entry and document preparation, meeting booking and catering ordering. Management was friendly as were co-workers. I learned many new things.
Pros
Great pay and longer lunches.
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent position.
Fun and positive work environment with helpful managers.
Business Operations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Worked on a knowledge management tool for the employees of the city to use. We consolidated information from different sources and inputed the information to the tool. Had to ensure that the information was accurate and concise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with experienced marketing managers.
Incredible workplace with great people to work with and for.
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
One of the finest places I've ever worked. My work day typically involved a split shift where I was responsible for the transportation of 1 to 80 persons at a time. I worked alone but was never alone. My co-workers were positive people and were VERY supportive. The hardest part of the job was the bouncing involved while driving. It's the reason I had to go on LTD.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradeship between all the drivers.
Pros
Pay and benefits were great.
Cons
Driving in poor weather and road conditions.
Great Place for first job and learning proper work ethic
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2015
Very thorough with the training highly recommend if your looking for a Lifeguard job, tonnes of room for advancement. Great place to work. Great co-workers,