City of Edmonton

City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Place to Work
Administrative Support Clerk I (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great pay and longer lunches.
Cons: Difficult to get a permanent position.
Answering phones, data entry and document preparation, meeting booking and catering ordering. Management was friendly as were co-workers. I learned many new things.
Fun and positive work environment with helpful managers.
Business Operations Summer Student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Worked on a knowledge management tool for the employees of the city to use. We consolidated information from different sources and inputed the information to the tool. Had to ensure that the information was accurate and concise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with experienced marketing managers.
Incredible workplace with great people to work with and for.
Transit Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits were great.
Cons: Driving in poor weather and road conditions.
One of the finest places I've ever worked. My work day typically involved a split shift where I was responsible for the transportation of 1 to 80 persons at a time. I worked alone but was never alone. My co-workers were positive people and were VERY supportive. The hardest part of the job was the bouncing involved while driving. It's the reason I had to go on LTD.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradeship between all the drivers.
Great Place for first job and learning proper work ethic
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2015
Very thorough with the training highly recommend if your looking for a Lifeguard job, tonnes of room for advancement. Great place to work. Great co-workers,
working for my mom
Pareto Merchandising (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
job was okay was merchandising new products for make-up and stuff. Would be fine with the job if it was more merchandising things other than care products.
Productive and Fun workplace
Development Coordination (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good hours
Cons: office bound
-8 hours per day minus lunch
-land development
-review drawings
-adhere to any requests or tend to any inquiries
-draft servicing agreements
Apply and find out
Mining/Lead Hand (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits/ double time after 8
Cons: youll see when you get the job
I worked underground for sometime with the city this position aint worth $35 hr its worth $50 per hr. If you take the job you'll see what I mean.
It's been great working with the city on my term role.
HR/Finance Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
I have met a lot of great people working at the City of Edmonton. Team work is valued there and mentoring is becoming high on the priority list and I respect that.
Very fast paced ever changing environment with multiple players.
IPTF Waste Process Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: provide quality customer service.
Cons: location
Core group of dedicated upbeat employees with a strong team work culture.
Being able to multi task is a definite requirement for this position.

All levels of management will be present at one time or another in a positive and supportive role.

Never the same day twice.
Decent place to work.
Labour Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Good place to work, but terrible employees,lazy employees, and drama lots of drama. Also management doesnt hire enough extra people when people move... making work stressful.
A great place to work.
Planner (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2015
The City of Edmonton is a great place to work. There are great people and the work/life balance is excellent. There's an excellent benefits package as well.
Many challenges, but, very supportive staff. Customer sevice issuse, Bylaw conflicts, new sevice starts , routing and staff management were a daily ta
Senior Municipal Waste Inspector (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: many
Cons: few
Outstanding! Anyone with the drive to advance, were all given ample opportunities to do so. Management was supportive and eager to nurture and guide those with ambition. An incredible source of knowledge and wisdom to draw from. Many thanks to their recourses and willingness to help to educate their employees. Respect!
productive, easy place to learn new things and lots of opportunities for advancement
truck driver/laborer (Former Employee), downtown edmontonJanuary 23, 2015
once at work your foreman will assign jobs according to condition outside. Learned lots of different types of equipment ranging from snow plows, tack truck, skid steers, sanders, tandem truck driving and other types of heavy equipment. Great group of employees to work with. Hardest part of the job is shift work during the winter season. Can enjoy things such as paid vacations, great benefits and always long weekends off.
It was ok just didnt pay enough
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: every second monday off paid vacation
Cons: not enough money
Good place to work if your already set for life or looking to retire its not for young guys trying to buy a house and whatever else, There was not a lot of overtime so it was time for me to move on
Learned several aspects of being a manager, time management, leadership.
Garage Foreman/Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee), SW EdmontonNovember 27, 2014
I look forward to meeting new challenges and enjoy moving forward. Learned how to be a coach, confidante and counsellor. I enjoyed meeting new people and listening to their stories. As this was first experience with Unions, I learned a lot about seniority and shift selecting. The City is a large organization and I was able to contribute to the lager picture for the citizens of Edmonton. It was an experience.
Good Place to work for
Garage supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good people at my level
Cons: no protection from uppermanagement
As a supervisor it was a stressful place, but working with a great group of Peers got me through the issues, In Management did not have Union protection, so when company reorganized I was let go, very dissapointed, as a person on the floor I enjoyed a long career doing the things I enjoyed
Enjoyable place to work
E.W.M.C. Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere
Loved the job itself , but management was poor
Steady employment
Labourer Level 2 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2014
Steady work and challenging.Rewarding being a part of a productive team
Fun, productive environment
Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: earned day off program
Cons: too much bureaucracy
While working at the city i learnt how to work in an agile organization, that undergoes constant reorganization. I acquired the skills on how to integrate and collaborate and adapt with different tiers of the management.
Awesome place to work
311 AGENT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: career growth
Cons: 24 hours
Awesome place to work. Great people and managers.Great opportunities to learn new things. Lots of Career advancement opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About City of Edmonton

Edmonton is the capital of the Canadian province of Alberta and is the province's second-largest city. Edmonton is located on – Read more

City of Edmonton Photos