This posting is for up to two (2) temporary, full-time positions that may continue for up to 11 months in duration.
Are you a technological enabler and fixer-upper?
If so ... Here is your opportunity to shine!
The City of Edmonton's Information Technology Branch is in search of a Systems Analyst, who will be ready to take on the enhancement and maintenance of a series of custom-built applications. You will be managing and maintaining the financial applications within the Financial Services and Utilities Department. Your proficiency as a .NET developer will also help enable the use of this technology to meet a wide range of client specific information needs.
As an integral team member within the Information Technology Branch, your expertise will be used in the following responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to customers for various custom built applications
- Coordinating efforts amongst third party vendors, the business area and other IT support teams to upgrade, troubleshoot and resolve production application issues
- Documenting problems and enhancements
- Identifying areas for improvement to reduce overall application maintenance
- Participating in development projects by completing tasks such as technical design, estimating, break fix coding, testing, implementing and maintenance of new and/or enhanced functionality in software applications
- Providing technical training and knowledge transfer to other staff or end users as required
- Providing feasibility recommendations and estimates of time for completing customer service requests
- Performing quality assurance activities and coordinating application testing and review
- Performing capacity planning and priority setting as required
- Participating in a weekly team on-call rotation to support critical severity applications after hours (24 x 7 support)
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Talent Hub
- Diploma or degree in Computing Science Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible work experience in the planning, development, implementation and support of applications including break fix coding. Candidates with less than the full two (2) years of experience may also be considered
- Experience with Microsoft .NET frameworks 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 is required
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of business needs and translating those needs into operational support tasks
- Experience with break fix code maintenance, enhancements, and documentation
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and supporting vendor applications in a corporate environment is an asset
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting and manage priorities in a complex environment along with a strong initiative to improve applications, services and processes
- Strongly motivated to maintain a high level of technical expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with a focus on customer service
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program. After hours and on-call support is required and is provided on a shared rotation basis with other analysts.
Salary Range: 21M, Salary Grade: 030, $40.319 - $50.946 (Hourly). Opportunity Concept Range: 21A, Salary Grade: 013, $29.644 - $38.602 (Hourly). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Applicants may be tested
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information recognition of extraprovincial credentials at http://www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca/
Recruitment Consultant: EA/MG
Classification Title: Systems Analyst I
Posting Date: July 10, 2013
Closing Date - 11:00 p.m. MST on: July 24, 2013
Number of Openings (up to): 2 - Temporary Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: IT Client Solutions Practice (Corporate Services)
Work Location(s): Scotia Place, 4th Floor, 10060 Jasper Ave Edmonton T5J 3R8
NOTE: APPLY ONLINE AT:
Indeed - 8 months ago
The City of Edmonton is strongly committed to providing the best services to all Edmontonians, including those with special needs.