Do you value building trustworthy relationships? Are you driven to assist in resolving the issues of Edmontonians? Are you an innovative and hard-working problem-solver and an excellent writer and researcher?
If so, you may be the perfect candidate to work with me, Coun. Kerry Diotte, at City Hall.
I need a creative, talented, highly organized Research Assistant to work directly with me and my executive assistant Monday to Wednesday from May 1 – Oct. 21, 2013. Occasional evenings may be required.
You’ll be addressing concerns of our constituents, conducting research on key civic issues, working in social media, and doing a variety of important administrative duties.
This is a part-time position to fill in for a maternity leave.
Here are some key skills I’m looking for:
- Superior customer service skills, excelling in effective and sincere communication
- Knows Facebook and Twitter inside out and loves social media
- Outside-the-box thinker and resourceful problem solver
- Experience with both PC and Mac platforms
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Highly organized, with ability to remain flexible under pressure
- Strong research skills with persistent curiosity
- A team player with ability to take initiative
- Keen interest and understanding of civic politics and current issues
- Comfortable with photography and videography
- Use of own vehicle an asset
If you want to work in a fast-paced, creative, rewarding environment, please forward your cover letter and resume to my email.
Or by mail to: 2nd Floor, City Hall, 1 Sir Winston Churchill Square NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7
Deadline is 4:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013.
No phone calls regarding this posting, please. Thank you to all candidates who send resumes. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.