Performance Measures Analyst
Job Number: 15259
The City of Edmonton has an opportunity for an individual interested in making an impact on the City of Edmonton’s corporate performance. As a Performance Measures Analyst, you will be part of a team that supports the City of Edmonton’s commitment to advancing performance measurement in the organization. This position has a key role in advancing the award-winning Citizen Dashboard, and implementing other performance measurement reporting tools in the organization. You will have the opportunity to participate in performance measurement projects and work with other departments in the organization.
Reporting to the Senior Consultant, Corporate Performance Measurement, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation/design of effective reporting mechanisms for performance measures
- Support implementation of the business analytics tools for performance measurement
- Gather data and conduct reports based on performance information across the organization
- Assist in the interpretation and evaluation of performance measures, and provide expertise and recommendations for improvement
- Gather performance measurement benchmark information to compare with other municipalities
- Conduct research projects, literature reviews and internet research to gather information on performance measurement, strategic planning, or enterprise risk management
- Research, analyze, develop, synthesize, write and develop reports and presentations
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Business Professionals Talent Hub
- University degree in Social Science, Economics, Business Administration, or Public Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in data analysis, business analytics, and conducting research
- Must have very strong computer skills using MS Office suite and experience to use performance measurement reporting tools, including terminology and approach will be an asset
- Knowledge of research and statistical methods and techniques
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships as necessitated by work assignments
- Ability to prepare and present technical briefs and reports
Note: Those candidates not meeting the full qualifications may be considered at the Opportunity Concept level.
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
Salary Range: 21M, Salary Grade: 022, $34.038 - $42.526 (Hourly); $59,966.45 - $74,920.18 (Annually). Opportunity Concept: 21A, 010, $25.842 - $32.370 (Hourly); $45,527.14 - $57,027.85 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Applicants may be tested
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca
Recruitment Consultant: IA/MG
Classification Title: Methods Analyst I
Posting Date: November 26, 2013
Closing Date - 11:00 p.m. MST on: December 10, 2013
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Strategic Services (Financial Services and Utilities)
Work Location(s): Chancery Hall, 5th Floor, 3 Sir Winston Churchill Square Edmonton T5J 2C3
Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers OR Use this direct link to apply online: https://edmonton.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=15259&NGP-11140
Use our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.
Applicants applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.