*Digital Communications Coordinator
Job Number: 15767*
This posting is for one (1) Temporary Full-time position that may continue for up to 11 months in duration.
Creativity runs through your veins. You are known as the best digital artist in town and you totally enjoy creating videos and webcasts in your free time.
Here's the opportunity to put your creativity, digital artistry and public relations skills to work as a valued member of Creative Services team within Corporate Communications branch. As the Digital Communications Coordinator, you will collaborate with the Digital Communications Specialist, while under the leadership of Creative Services Manager, to create digital content in the furtherance of the City’s brand, image and reputation.
Some of the key tasks you will be involved in are:
- Conceive, refine and develop high-quality digital content for the City's internal and external platforms using creativity, design and superior technical skills
- Work with the Creative Services team and other areas within Corporate Communications to understand digital media content requirements
- Produce City of Edmonton live webcasts, filming workshops and events as well as develop corporate videos
- Effectively enhance the brand, image and reputation of the City by ensuring alignment with the City’s messages and positioning in both content and use of media
- Ensure compliance regarding model releases and disclaimers. Responsible for managing all content to ensure use is maximized within the necessary legal parameters and liability risk is mitigated
- Organize and be familiar with archiving and file management
- Keep current with the changing digital media technology
- Manage shifting priorities within constant deadline pressures while maintaining professionalism
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Communications Talent Hub.
- Graduation from a recognized (two years or more) community college or technical institute program with course work in advertising, graphics design, public relations or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a position related to multi-media development, video production and other digital communications related functions
- Knowledge of communications media requirements (radio, television, print media, etc.) and related fields of printing, photography, video, multi-media and graphic design
- Advanced knowledge of professional camera equipment - both camcorders and still cameras; familiarity with Canon products would be considered an asset
- Firm grasp of multi-media and graphic design software (such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Creative Suite) in order to design, modify, and finalize completed digital media products on tight deadlines. Knowledge of the Cisco Show and Share product is an asset
- Knowledge of public relations principles and techniques, including proven written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates should include their relevant portfolio along with the application
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
Salary Range: 21M, Salary Grade: 017, $29.866 - $37.545 (Hourly). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton. This union contract is currently under negotiation.
- Applicants will be tested
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at http://www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca/
Recruitment Consultant: EA/MG
Classification Title: Public Information Officer I
Posting Date: January 10, 2014
Closing Date - 11:00 p.m. MST on: January 24, 2014
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Temporary Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Enterprise Communication Services (Office of the City Manager)
Work Location(s): HSBC Bank Canada Building, 13th Floor, 10250 - 101 Street Edmonton T5J 3P4
*Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
Use our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.
Applicants applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.