Job Number: 16513*
This posting is for up to two (2) Temporary positions that may continue for up to 11 months in duration.
Don't mind the media's limelight, while others shy away nodding and humming in response? Your way with words is the leading support system for your intricate role as the Communications Coordinator for Council Services. As a member of the Communication Branch's Council Services, you will implement communication strategies for City Council initiatives and projects, and providing support to the Corporate Services client group.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and deliver the necessary tools, support services and communication products to Corporate Services clients, and City Councillors in their interaction with citizens and external stakeholders on behalf of the City
- Research background information in a timely manner, and ensure accuracy
- Produce communication tools, such as key messages, proclamations, briefs and speaking notes, newsletter stories, web content material to support City Councillors and Corporate Services
- Assist in the planning and implementing of media and City Council events in collaboration with team members
- Interact with a wide range of external and internal individuals and organizations
- Weekend media monitoring
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Communications Talent Hub
- Graduation from a two (2) years or more Diploma program from a community college or technical institute program with course work in public relations or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or related position
- Experience researching information for accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment with shared responsibilities
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Understanding of public administration and experience working in a large organization would be an asset
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
Salary Range: 21M, Salary Grade: 017, $29.866 - $37.545 (Hourly). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton. This union contract is currently under negotiation.
- Applicants may be tested
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca/
Recruitment Consultant: ES/MG
Classification Title: Public Information Officer I
Posting Date: February 19, 2014
Closing Date - 11:00 p.m. MST on: March 5, 2014
Number of Openings (up to): 2 - Temporary Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Internal Communications (Office of the City Manager)
Work Location(s): City Hall, 3rd Floor, 1 Sir Winston Churchill Square Edmonton T5J 2R7
*Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
OR https://edmonton.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=16513&NGP-11140 *
Use our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.
Applicants applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.