CITY OF CORNER BROOK Employee Review

View all CITY OF CORNER BROOK reviews

EFAP in place for employees with issues whether be at home or at work
Labourer/ Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL29 June 2013
typical day at work is dealing with the general public and trying our best to make sure they are satisfied with the service we provide.

I have learned the value of quality work and taking pride in what I do and accomplish each day, I have also learned the skills of how to properly operate front loaders,bob cats, and single axle dump trucks.

my co -workers are a great bunch to work with, no doubt you have your handful that are a handful to deal with but getting the job done in a safe, efficient and proper manner is priority.

hardest part of the job is in the winter, when we are short staffed and end up working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for weeks on end, get used to it after a while but not a big deal to me, i enjoy the challenge.

Most enjoyable is at the end of the day when all hands are getting ready to punch the cards to head home, we laugh and csrry on about the minor but funny things that has happened throughout the day from different job sites.
Pros
Overtime wages
Cons
calls at 4 am in the morning when a snow storm hits.