City of Coquitlam

City of Coquitlam Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible, allows for opportunity for development of a number of skills including team work, leadership, conflict resolution.
Aquatic Leader - Lifeguard (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: wage and flexibility
Cons: lack of hours available, hour allocation policy
A typical day consists of 4 or more hours per shift which includes lifeguarding the pool, teaching swimming lessons, learning about new pool programs, and interacting with the public.
I have learned to take initiative, be reliable, work within a team setting, the importance of strong communication skills. I have strengthened my public relations and – more... interpersonal skills as well as developed my leadership skills and problem solving skills.
My managers are highly supportive and take a strong interest in all the employees and seek to maintain the best standard possible.
My co-workers are around the same age as myself which makes working with them highly enjoyable as we are all at similar stages in our lives.
The most difficult part of my job is dealing with stereotypes perceived by patrons regarding my position as a lifeguard and a young woman.
The most enjoyable part is working with kids and interacting with the public. – less