City of Coquitlam Employee Review

View all City of Coquitlam reviews

Flexible, allows for opportunity for development of a number of skills including team work, leadership, conflict resolution.
Aquatic Leader - Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 February 2014
A typical day consists of 4 or more hours per shift which includes lifeguarding the pool, teaching swimming lessons, learning about new pool programs, and interacting with the public.
I have learned to take initiative, be reliable, work within a team setting, the importance of strong communication skills. I have strengthened my public relations and interpersonal skills as well as developed my leadership skills and problem solving skills.
My managers are highly supportive and take a strong interest in all the employees and seek to maintain the best standard possible.
My co-workers are around the same age as myself which makes working with them highly enjoyable as we are all at similar stages in our lives.
The most difficult part of my job is dealing with stereotypes perceived by patrons regarding my position as a lifeguard and a young woman.
The most enjoyable part is working with kids and interacting with the public.
Pros
wage and flexibility
Cons
lack of hours available, hour allocation policy

Other City of Coquitlam Employee Reviews

Ricky's definition of a healthly work place environment
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 September 2017
- Management should provide encouragement, and recognition when hard work is displayed by employees. As well as promote social cohesiveness to benefit teamwork.
Pros
Extended break time when needed
Cons
Not allowing a flexible work scope. In other words, avoid pigenholing.
Didn't really hire me for the position I was actually qualified for
Groundskeeper II (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 August 2017
Management leaves something to be desired. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Management is very klicky, if they like you that's great if not, your in trouble, doesn't matter how hard you work. Be a machine and do as they ask and for goodness sake, don't ask questions or make waves....your outta there. Union doesn't stand behind you either.....they are in the klicky management group.
Pros
wages are excellent
Cons
management sucks