City of Coquitlam

City of Coquitlam Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Playing and working with various children.
volunteering (Former Employee), Coquitlam, B.CFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: experience hands on handling with kids, learning how to be organized, multitask
It was a weekly volunteer work at the community centre. My job was to supervise the kids and help the staff when needed. The children were extremely cute; however, some have hard time detaching their bodies a part from their parents. I learned how to lead and comfort them into peace and not let them cry. I managed to cheer them up and turn their frowns into big laughters. My staffs were amazingly nice and considerate. One of the hardest part of this experience was to take care of numerous kids at once. It was a bit of a hassle and overwhelming; however, being able to see big smiles on their faces made me think all the effort I've put in to was worth it. Each time I volunteer, the experiences are always enjoyable and fun. No regrets were made after all.
Commeraderie with workmates
Building service worker (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 21, 2012
Pros: health benefits
Cons: work with chemicals
I worked afternoons from 5.00 pm till 11.30 pm there were 4 building service employees each with his/her own specific area at City Hall, while we would be given occasional instructions as to which areas were to be targeted we were generally left to concentrate on what we considered needed to be done. I was originally posted at the leisure facility as a pool services operator, where I progressed to obtain my pool services certificates, regulating water quality for the leisure pools and spas. I am unable to point out any aspects of my employment of which I found in any way unpleasant, I suppose it comes down to how well one gets along with co-workers and management. Knowing that you had some input into the conditions in which you work was one of the most satisfying points about working for the City of Coquitlam, this fact and the really special people with whom I was associated with made my employment there one of the most enjoyable working experiences...