City of Coquitlam Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Playing and working with various children.
volunteering (Former Employee), Coquitlam, B.CFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: experience hands on handling with kids, learning how to be organized, multitask
It was a weekly volunteer work at the community centre. My job was to supervise the kids and help the staff when needed. The children were extremely cute; however, some have hard time detaching their bodies a part from their parents. I learned how to lead and comfort them into peace and not let them cry. I managed to cheer them up and turn their frowns into big laughters. My staffs were amazingly nice and considerate. One of the hardest part of this experience was to take care of numerous kids at once. It was a bit of a hassle and overwhelming; however, being able to see big smiles on their faces made me think all the effort I've put in to was worth it. Each time I volunteer, the experiences are always enjoyable and fun. No regrets were made after all.
Flexible, allows for opportunity for development of a number of skills including team work, leadership, conflict resolution.
Aquatic Leader - Lifeguard (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: wage and flexibility
Cons: lack of hours available, hour allocation policy
A typical day consists of 4 or more hours per shift which includes lifeguarding the pool, teaching swimming lessons, learning about new pool programs, and interacting with the public.
I have learned to take initiative, be reliable, work within a team setting, the importance of strong communication skills. I have strengthened my public relations and interpersonal skills as well as developed my leadership skills and problem solving skills.
My managers are highly supportive and take a strong interest in all the employees and seek to maintain the best standard possible.
My co-workers are around the same age as myself which makes working with them highly enjoyable as we are all at similar stages in our lives.
The most difficult part of my job is dealing with stereotypes perceived by patrons regarding my position as a lifeguard and a young woman.
The most enjoyable part is working with kids and interacting with the public.
Commeraderie with workmates
Building service worker (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 21, 2012
Pros: health benefits
Cons: work with chemicals
I worked afternoons from 5.00 pm till 11.30 pm there were 4 building service employees each with his/her own specific area at City Hall, while we would be given occasional instructions as to which areas were to be targeted we were generally left to concentrate on what we considered needed to be done. I was originally posted at the leisure facility as a pool services operator, where I progressed to obtain my pool services certificates, regulating water quality for the leisure pools and spas. I am unable to point out any aspects of my employment of which I found in any way unpleasant, I suppose it comes down to how well one gets along with co-workers and management. Knowing that you had some input into the conditions in which you work was one of the most satisfying points about working for the City of Coquitlam, this fact and the really special people with whom I was associated with made my employment there one of the most enjoyable working experiences...